Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
4 crawler(s) on-line.
 170 guest(s) on-line.
 3 member(s) on-line.

Hypex,  pixie,  AMIGASYSTEM

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 AMIGASYSTEM:  1 min ago
 pixie:  3 mins ago
 Hypex:  4 mins ago
 VooDoo:  14 mins ago
 pavlor:  20 mins ago
 OlafS25:  21 mins ago
 Matt3k:  24 mins ago
 matthey:  28 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 jPV:  1 hr 37 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  [Poll] Commodore USA's Amigas and Amigaworld.net
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Poll : How should AW.net handle Commodore USA's Amigas?
Treat it as off-topic except in General Technology, Alt Amiga OS, & Free for all.
Create a new forum for Commodore USA Amigas.
Allow it to be discussed in Amiga general chat like any other Amiga (classic, AmigaOne etc).
Some other option (explain in a post).

PosterThread
Plaz 
Re: [Poll] Commodore USA's Amigas and Amigaworld.net
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 3:28:27
#221 ]

I was just over at C=USA site looking at some of the newer pages I hadn't seen yet. Based on the bios and the clever redo of the c64, I would tend to take these folks very seriously within their market.

And on the corporate page... well you just have to love Moochie. I think he deserves a spot higher up the page from the bottom.

Plaz

Profile     Report this post  
opi 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 4:56:21
#222 ]
Team Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
her is a clue: you might look it up who did CK work for?

Ha ha.

(Remember when AW was moderated to "AmigaOne is not Teron", "There are no bugs in MAI" and "Amiga, Inc is saint, you're banned" tune? Right, have a rock and a key to your glasshouse!)

Last edited by opi on 19-Oct-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Last edited by opi on 19-Oct-2010 at 04:57 AM.

BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 7:10:30
#223 ]

@Plaz

Quote:

Plaz wrote:
I was just over at C=USA site looking at some of the newer pages I hadn't seen yet. Based on the bios and the clever redo of the c64, I would tend to take these folks very seriously within their market.

And on the corporate page... well you just have to love Moochie. I think he deserves a spot higher up the page from the bottom.

Plaz

Stop it... Moochie might be reading this and get a big head.

So this is like one of the 4 threads about us on the main page now.
Will you guys stop talking about us or what!

Well, we're in the throes of the site redesign process now and we're really excited about what we're seeing. It has been a bumpy road to be sure, but it looks like it will turn out quite nicely. We're hoping for a November site relaunch. It will contain more details on our AMIGA desktops. Not everything will be divulged but a fair bit.

I want to remind you all of something that most of you seem to be forgetting.

August 25, 2010 COMMODORE ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE LICENSING RIGHTS
August 31, 2010 COMMODORE USA ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF AMIGA EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE LICENSING RIGHTS
Look at the dates.... Things were only really finalised as little as a week before these announcements were made.
We sold the Phoenix on a temporary license before then of course, but until the trademarks negotiations were finalised, we couldn't jump in with both feet.
What can you seriously expect in two months?
We're taking this seriously despite what you may think but obviously anything worth doing takes a little time to ramp up.
We're getting close to completing our first design project, the Commodore 64 replica.
We're hopeful this will provide impetus for the remainder of our plans.
Have patience. I know you're used to it, you're just not demonstrating it.

I also want to comment on the notion that our Amigas will be Atom/Ion2 based.
They will not!
The Amiga line will be Commodore USA's high performance line.
Our standard issue Commodore 64x(and there will be a higher configuration available) will be Dual Core Atom running at either 1.8 or 2Ghz and NVidia Ion2 based.
Think about that before you start running your PPC comparisons.

The best is yet to come.

djrikki 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 8:12:50
#224 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stop going off topic, this thread is for website suggestions not your propaganda.

Last edited by djrikki on 19-Oct-2010 at 08:13 AM.

persia 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 16:53:39
#225 ]

eliyahu 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 17:00:28
#226 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

with pleasure.

my friends, i suggest we take leo up on his kind suggestion: let's banish these 'commodore USA' threads to the 'free for all' forum where leo can spam all he likes. then the 95% of us who are tired of threads on a company that can't even scale images properly on their own web site can get on talking about, er, whatever we talk about 'round here.

-- eliyahu

AmiDelf2 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 17:47:40
#227 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Who do you think you are? Trying to steal every Amiga users heart? As much as I love AROS, to make Amiga profitable on x86 is just waste of time. You have no support, no community and your even worse to lie than Bill Buck and Bill McEwen. If you want to help Amiga, you help AmigaOS4 and MorphOS (I wrote and!...).

Both AmigaOS4 and MorphOS is AmigaOS 68k backward compatible. Running software and libs at the same time. It really doesnt matter if you have 4GHz when you need to use an operating system like Windows or Linux which requires more just because you have more GHz. With small OS'es like AmigaOS4, MorphOS and AROS its a pleasent thing. Its nice to see AROS on 4GHz machines, but AROS lacks SOFTWARE compared to the other ones.

I had more trust in Commodore PC's selling here in Europe than YOU!... Please find Atari or some other platform to destroy even more than Amiga. The Amiga doesn't need you! You just make the Amiga wounds even bigger by not listening to the community that have over 1000 users, which have been waiting for Amiga to come back in good way, and not in the way you do!!!

Whats wrong with USA??? Both DiscreetFX and YOU are terrible at promoting things. Look at Airsoft and their Hollywood news. THAT's good news! If you want to make Amigans happy, you support PPC and AmigaOS4 and MorphOS!... Amiga have always been special!!! Understand that Commodore! Please!... .. . :/

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 17:52:56
#228 ]

where's the facepalm smiley when you need one

Oh, C=USA, please, do make a community site for x86 Amigas so that we do not have to be trolled by the people unwilling to face FACTS

Manu 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 19:32:17
#229 ]

@WolfToTheMoon

Good idea.

Mechanic 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 19:58:23
#230 ]
Elite Member

@Manu

Quote:

Manu wrote:
@WolfToTheMoon

Good idea.

+1

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 20:42:23
#231 ]
Team Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:

BigBentheAussie wrote:

Stop it... Moochie might be reading this and get a big head.

So this is like one of the 4 threads about us on the main page now.

Well, we're in the throes of the site redesign process now and we're really excited about what we're seeing. It has been a bumpy road to be sure, but it looks like it will turn out quite nicely. We're hoping for a November site relaunch. It will contain more details on our AMIGA desktops. Not everything will be divulged but a fair bit.

I want to remind you all of something that most of you seem to be forgetting.

August 25, 2010 COMMODORE ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE LICENSING RIGHTS
August 31, 2010 COMMODORE USA ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF AMIGA EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE LICENSING RIGHTS
Look at the dates.... Things were only really finalised as little as a week before these announcements were made.
We sold the Phoenix on a temporary license before then of course, but until the trademarks negotiations were finalised, we couldn't jump in with both feet.
What can you seriously expect in two months?
We're taking this seriously despite what you may think but obviously anything worth doing takes a little time to ramp up.
We're getting close to completing our first design project, the Commodore 64 replica.
We're hopeful this will provide impetus for the remainder of our plans.
Have patience. I know you're used to it, you're just not demonstrating it.

I also want to comment on the notion that our Amigas will be Atom/Ion2 based.
They will not!
The Amiga line will be Commodore USA's high performance line.
Our standard issue Commodore 64x(and there will be a higher configuration available) will be Dual Core Atom running at either 1.8 or 2Ghz and NVidia Ion2 based.
Think about that before you start running your PPC comparisons.

The best is yet to come.

This post is drawing complaints as an advertisement and off-topic from multiple folks. I can see why folks are complaining on both counts. I'm going to clear the reports this time. Please keep these concepts in mind in the future. Thanks!

Amiga 1200

-Sam- 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 20:50:59
#232 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
If Commodore USA ever releases one of their new x86 Amiga PCs how do you think AW.net should handle them as far as this website is concerned?

Very simple.

Just post the odd news item for entertainment purposes as they get more and more deluded.

By next Summer this will have all blown over and amounted to nothing. Who in the right mind is going to buy a PC with with an Amiga sticker on it to run something they can download for free and has (no insult intended here) a very, very, very small user base?

digitex 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:06:25
#233 ]

@AmiDelf2

"Who do you think you are?"

We "know", not "think" who we are. We are the ONLY licensed Commodore & Amiga branded manufacturers for these trademarked computer products. WE ARE COMMODORE, & WE ARE AMIGA!! Hasn't that sunk in yet? Our AMIGA products will be badged "AMIGA" followed by a space and an alphanumerical designator. NOT 'AMIGATWO, NOT AMIGATHREE or any other cludged combination that is required by a very limited & self explanatory legal settlement.

"Trying to steal every Amiga users heart?"

How can anyone steal what isn't there? With the exception of a very small group, I haven't seen any evidence of "heart" in this forum. Just a large, decaying mass of frozen stone. Heart implies empathy, civility and open mindedness. 'Show me the heart!"

"To make Amiga profitable on x86 is just waste of time."

Thank you so much for your well founded advise. I'll try to remember that while I check the current Apple stock valuation. A waste of time would more exemplified by a thousand die hard Amiga fanatics, jointly doing less than nothing over the past decades, waiting for the antique computer fairy to fly down from the heavens and make all your dreams come true. With all your fervent demands, efforts and critiques, why has not ONE of you...or a group of you...even attempted to create what you so vocally thirst for? All it takes it a load of dough, desire, ambition, creativity, and the abilty to pull it off. Why haven't any of you done what you so strongly profess to want, while only demeaning others efforts?

"Both AmigaOS4 and MorphOS is AmigaOS 68k is backward compatible."

WOW!!!! that is great, what a goal! backwards compatible to a antique OS. How about something FULLY functional that is compatible with today's requirements?

"The Amiga doesn't need you! You just make the Amiga wounds even bigger by not listening to the community that have over 1000 users, which have been waiting for Amiga to come back in good way, and not in the way you do!!! "

It needs us like oxygen...but since it's in a coma, it doesn't even realize how close to death it really is. Tell me, just what have your 1000 users done in the last decade, besides "waiting"? Ever hear of "DOING"?

"YOU are terrible at promoting things."
Yup, you sure got us there! We are terrible at that...only 1.8 MILLION articles about our company on Google search....and a preponderance of threads on a forum that can't seem to get enough of their daily C=USA fix.

digitex

marko 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:12:26
#234 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@digitex

Is that you Barry

btw!

Last edited by marko on 19-Oct-2010 at 09:47 PM.

m4rko.com/AMIGA

Manu 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:14:57
#235 ]

@AmiDelf2

Quote:

AmiDelf2 wrote:
@BigBentheAussie

Who do you think you are? Trying to steal every Amiga users heart? As much as I love AROS, to make Amiga profitable on x86 is just waste of time.

I can't disagree more. Amiga should have been on x86 10 years ago, we would have a userbase of at least triple today then.

eliyahu 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:15:25
#236 ]

@digitex

welcome to the forum, barry.

Quote:
Yup, you sure got us there! We are terrible at that...only 1.8 MILLION articles about our company on Google search....and a preponderance of threads on a forum that can't seem to get enough of their daily C=USA fix.

gotta to hand it to you on that one. you have done very well on that score. there is a big market out there for retro-gear of any nature at the moment, and grabbing onto the commodore brand and sticking onto OEM PCs in custom cases is a model that looks to be a winner.

it's just that most folks around here don't like the idea of their platform turning into a badge and little more. that and some of the conduct from you: in particular, the whole OSnews threat/plagiarism debacle.

the attitudes around here will probably change when the following happens:

1. you ship product that is worthy of the brands you have licensed
2. you guys quit reacting to childish comments on internet fora with childish comments of your own

-- eliyahu

Last edited by eliyahu on 19-Oct-2010 at 09:28 PM.

number6 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:21:36
#237 ]
Elite Member

@digitex

Quote:
Tell me, just what have your 1000 users done in the last decade, besides "waiting"? Ever hear of "DOING"?

If you've assessed the problem concerning lack of progress as being a user issue (which you seemingly do looking at the wording), then I'm afraid you know very little history on which to base any solutions.
Not a complaint directed at you...just a fact.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:26:36
#238 ]

@number6

but it is much of a user base which demands from whoever is in charge... give us amigaOS and backwards compatibility and custom hardware, etc...

what do we have after 15 years of custom hardware and backwards compatibility?

Amiga was once mainstream. Anybody remember those days? Well, I figure those that choose to remember have mostly long gone and are now probably using Macs right now.

2010 is a completely other age of computing compared to 1985. Old concepts must be left behind or "death" is imminent.

Change or die out. Evolution's most sacred principle.

Last edited by WolfToTheMoon on 19-Oct-2010 at 09:27 PM.

AmiDelf2 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:29:29
#239 ]

@Manu

MacOSX haven't really rocketjumped from PPC to x86. It still lacks plenty of games and where is the alternative music players to iTunes? And where do I find a stable movieplayer for MacOSX? QuickTime = No, VLC = No and MPlayer = No...

Do you really think that jumping to x86 for Amiga would help? I think not! Just look at how many years AROS have had to become a great choice compared to AmigaOS4 and MorphOS. So in reality, Amiga jumped over to x86 for many years ago... If there was interest, we would have seen the effect of it today.

number6 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 21:37:45
#240 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

I'm not arguing with you. I'm taking no stance in any of this. I'm merely trying to maintain the peace..and failing miserably obviously. And yes, I'm aware I've made a few challenging statements myself, but hopefully they are viewed merely as the questions that they are.

If you want to help digitex, then have him chart every thread. In that case he'll readily understand that he's dealing with the same vocal # of posters that we always have when something new appears on the horizon.
Many many many people actually still read the trouble shooting threads and just use/enjoy their computers. They don't even post.
Developers do not post here anymore, nor do many who work on their behalf.
Some are under instruction either directly or implied not to post.
If you continue to look at these little exchanges on AW (or through whatever negative mails you might have received), as being the be-all end-all of relevance, then you are in danger of making decisions based on skewed data, imo.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle