Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 167 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  6 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 39 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 47 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 9 mins ago
 corb0:  3 hrs 39 mins ago
 zipper:  3 hrs 40 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 13 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Alt Amiga OS
      /  Aros HDAudio driver open sourcing offer £750
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
clusteruk 
Re: Aros HDAudio driver open sourcing offer £750
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:20:05
#81 ]

@all donators

Thanks for this, trust me you will be pleased with what this money pays for.

I will email Davy right now, please note it may take a few days to get into the repository but if anybody wants it earlier just email me and I will send it to you, after all it is now Open Source.

Thanks again.

Steve

steve at imica dot net

Profile     Report this post  
phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:43:23
#82 ]

@BigBen
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32645&forum=28

eliyahu 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:47:27
#83 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
You probably wouldn't even be open sourcing the driver in the first place if we hadn't approached you about it. And then you put the bounty at the first price you offered....well...having anything to do with this bounty just stings too much.

You only get once chance with Barry. And you blew it big time.
Hell, your iMICAs might have even become the next AMIGAs if you hadn't done that.

i have never seen anything so outlandish in my life. stephen is someone who has actually worked for this community, invested his time, money, and sweat into this community, and only requested the funds in this case because he's working on something else for AROS.

nothing to date has been contributed to the amiga community from 'commodore USA' except lies, threats, misrepresentations, theft, and unwarranted, unparalleled arrogance.

just go away. forever. and take barry with you.

-- eliyahu

djrikki 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 19:48:24
#84 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

I agree. Stephen, Phoenix ignore C=AUS get on with the job at hand - you obviously have people that genuinely care about AROS and ultimately are legit.

You gave them the option to help and they said nah we aren't interested are hands are tied.

Last edited by djrikki on 28-Oct-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Last edited by djrikki on 28-Oct-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Manu 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 20:22:54
#85 ]

Good we got the bounty, I hope it can be of use to many devs out there. MorphOS and OS4 devs too.

Last edited by Manu on 28-Oct-2010 at 08:26 PM.

paolone 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:22:36
#86 ]

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
You do realise we haven't actually SOLD A SINGLE MACHINE running AROS right? The press release was a statement of intention, and one that brought AROS far more publicity than it had seen in years. And yet here we are getting chastised for it.

Ok, let me figure out how business work in real world. You have an idea and, hopefully, some money to spend on it. So, first you spend your money to make the idea real, then you sell your idea (that eventually became a PRODUCT) and, in the end, you earn other money. Then, you may invest part of this fresh money in research and development to enhance your product or, maybe, to create a 2nd generation that will replace the first. You sell it, and you gain more and more money as well, an the cycle starts again. That's easy.

The problem, for me and for some other people here, is understading exactly at what point of this cycle AROS should have been. Please forget about AmigaOS/MOS fans frightened by your original AROS plans, their over-reaction was easily predictable and you should have just ignored it ("be presidential"), let's just try to focus on the AROS community first: if AROS was part of the deal, part of the plan, part of the 'unique' features that YOUR product had, well... it should also be part of the starting costs. It's easy: you invest in the Commodore brand, you invest in the Amiga brand, you invest on advertising, you invest in production... and you invest on AROS. It would have been a really, very very very little portion of the costs.

What have you exactly done, instead? Other than talking, I mean.

Let's just forget Barry's reaction and not-exactly-kind words he spent about AROS (he had his reasons to behave like he did, though I would have managed the situation just a little differently), but many people - me included - just saw this bounty as the last train for Commodore USA to show just a little REAL interest in our project, a good occasion to show your plans were serious. And, even if I hadn't so many hopes, it's a delusion not to see any "Leo N." or "Barry A." listed in the donors page.
Now the last driver you needed is open as well. Regards

digitex 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:34:59
#87 ]

@eliyahu, et al

What a bunch of schmucks! You all just paid the ransom, that will enable you to now be the lucky few who will be given the opportunity to continue paying into this misguided, never to become reality, fiasco. Have fun!

Cluster*uk, how's this working out for 'ya?

MODERATOR NOTE:
Posting private mails or PM's is clearly against our TOS:

Quote:

Copyrighted Information: Copyrighted material, private email text, and other privileged information may not be posted here without prior written permission from the original author. If you find that your postings to the web site have been copied, emailed and/or publicly posted or distributed elsewhere or brought to the forums by another for posting without your permission, which constitutes violation of your privacy or copyright infringement, please notify the Webmaster directly so the situation can be promptly addressed. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible.

This also rendered you a 7 day posting restriction.

Last edited by zerohero on 29-Oct-2010 at 09:54 AM.

digitex 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:36:00
#88 ]

@digitex

oooops!

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:39:58
#89 ]

@digitex
hmm what's going on here???
Calm down.....

AP 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:43:21
#90 ]
Cult Member

@digitex: Whats your problem? Nobody was forced to make a donation.

And it is a very bad style to post private messages without the permission of the sender.

eliyahu 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:45:56
#91 ]

@digitex

Quote:
What a bunch of schmucks! You all just paid the ransom, that will enable you to now be the lucky few who will be given the opportunity to continue paying into this misguided, never to become reality, fiasco. Have fun!

Cluster*uk, how's this working out for 'ya?

"We are in the process of porting Ambient to Aros and hope to have it finished before the end of the year. However, it will only be available to members of the new Aros Foundation which is to be a paid for subscription and not for profit organisation to support further Aros OS support. I assume you know that Ambient is what runs on MorphOS and is very much a watershed change for Aros. It is crucial that nobody finds out, only 5 people know and they are sworn to secrecy until I announce it."

thank you for proving my point.

oh, and revealing something mentioned to you in confidence, nice one. good job.

i'll ask again: please go away. and leo can go with you. whatever goodwill there might have been in the slightest is gone now. no one here is going to support you in any way going forward. good riddance to bad rubbish.

-- eliyahu

Gnu 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:51:05
#92 ]

@digitex
I don't normally comment on the personal or political ongoings of our community but
This was one of the most classless things I have ever scene.
If this information is correct then you would be one of the few people to know about this.
Your profile says a lot actually.

Disgusted

Gnu

Kronos 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:51:05
#93 ]
Elite Member

@NotC=USA

Please stop it, you make Amiga-Inc look like a respectable buisness in comparison

I'd say NOT getting involved with those ####### (insert whatever insult you deam fit) is the best thing that could happen to both Steve and Pascal......

digitex 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:52:28
#94 ]

@AP

The "very bad style" is what most of these forum members have been spewing for so long. I find it amazing how good you all think the Cool-Aid tastes. Look around..take inventory....Hyperion just came off a blockbuster venue..the crowds were overflowing (all 8 of them)..and the OS4xxx and their AmigaONE TWO THREE does not even exist..just 4 or 5 mock ups. Not even a clue as what CPU is used...what a joke! There is NOTHING AMIGA out there today, except what you so disdain..us. I could never understand why no one did what Commodore USA did. You all could have bought the trademark....create the hardware...write the s/w....etc. We did..we are...and that is really all there is to say.

Gnu 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 21:56:46
#95 ]

@digitex
Shut the door. Turn off the lights.
Good bye.

number6 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 22:00:07
#96 ]
Elite Member

@digitex

Yesterday you posted:

Quote:
new Amiga.com servers are coming online now. DNS pointing underway. Should be resolving over the next few hours worldwide....stay tuned boys and girls....it's happening!

few?

Presently I read:

Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

The announcement translates out to "you have no permission to know the announcement?"

Sorry, but this is odd...

Last edited by number6 on 28-Oct-2010 at 10:03 PM.

digitex 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 22:05:33
#97 ]

@number6

domain is active, dns set, and resolving
:)

number6 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 22:08:55
#98 ]
Elite Member

@digitex

Quote:
domain is active, dns set, and resolving

Understood.
By your enthusiasm, I somehow thought there was some content also going to be exposed at that time. Obviously, I read too much into that.

kamelito 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 22:24:50
#99 ]
Cult Member

So before it was Red vs Blue, now its C=USA vs Aros what a progress...
Divide and conquer that is...

Every Amiga flavour "leader" want the money of this small community so instead of staying in their respective website they register on all of them (at least the biggest one) to try to attract possible customers...(sometime with no product)
Amigans seems to be big believers and if have you've the ability to make them dream they'll go with you if they think you'll won in the end.

A small minority of people are doing/saying bad things, but they do it with so much noise that the good people which are the majority are put in the same basket...

So there 4 alternatives :
OS4
Morphos
C=USA
Aros

My advice is that you make your choice and stick to it or change, or quit but do not blame other people choice.
I'm an Amiga fan, I'm using OSX too and I'm not going to Windows forum to bash them.
Differents flavours of Amiga might need to stay in their respective sites but again, the one who wants your money by stealing your dreams will always do otherwise...

The only valid behavior is to create for the platform you choose, upload that creation to Aminet/OS4 depot etc, so your camp will grow and you'll be happy by having done something, and having fun doing it.

Sterile talks is a dead end and a waste of time. Silence is the greatest of contempt.

Regards
Kamel

clusteruk 
Posted on 28-Oct-2010 22:29:01
#100 ]

@All

Thanks for those that supported me here, nothing will stop my projects, not people mentioning what is said in confidence, and no, that was not the secret project. But Very few people know and it can only have come from one place because the other four or five people know my wishes and respect them. I will know because you know the secret project.

I keep things quiet because I respect some of the ways Apple work, announce it and ship a week later. Better than announce and ship a year later or get side railed.

Oh, Aros Foundation was an idea, discussed in private with those I respect to see if it was doable. The private consensus between those I respect was it was not a good idea so I canned it, hence nobody else heard of it. I decided to just carry on supporting the developers with the little spare money I have that would normally go on excess beer and maybe a new motorbike.

Back on topic.

Again, thanks to those who supported the fund raising via this bounty for HDAudio of the still secret project. I look forward to surprising you all unless somebody else announces it under a temporary account.

Steve

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle