Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 146 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  5 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  9 mins ago
 Gunnar:  19 mins ago
 zipper:  44 mins ago
 Templario:  50 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 GPTNederlands:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 janelancy:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 -Sam-:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
T-J 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 8-May-2011 19:44:56
#921 ]
Cult Member

@BrianK

Quote:
And I agree this doesn't mean that intelligent superior visitors are here. And if we are I think we should be scared ####less. Why? Because the record we know about, earth, when a superior technological force meets another society the outcome is typically bad. If they're approach is human-like we're fairly screwed.

I wouldn't worry too much. I note with some relief that modern rules and regulations regarding aboriginal peoples prohibit making contact unless absolutely necessary. Yes, commercial ventures still break these rules, but in parts of the world where rule of law prevails more often than not, indigenous cultures are left alone.

It is to be hoped that any civilisation advanced enough to solve the problem of crossing the interstellar distances would be equally or more ethical than ourselves, so I'd guess that they'd have rules and regulations in place to protect primitives like us from the usual bad outcomes. Some sort of nature reserve legislation, perhaps.

Profile     Report this post  
T-J 
Posted on 8-May-2011 19:45:04
#922 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
The moon is like a giant magnet suspended by the earth. I showed linked that it is magnetized and has a dusty atmosphere with voltages as high as 1000 volts at certain times. It is magnetically fixed/oriented to always point towards the earth as other similar celestial bodies/moons are. It is moons WITH a geodynamo that are free to rotate like the earth.

But Lou, its been demonstrated that the moon's magnetic field is too weak to suspend it as you suggest.

And your theory has been proved wrong by the fact that moons with a geodynamo are not free to rotate like the Earth.

Quote:
The principles of a solenoid are well known.

It is precisely *because* the principles of a solenoid are so well known that we know the solar system is not one!

The rest of your comment was nothing more than yet another repeat of previous assertions, yet again without any mathematic proof.

If you can't provide this mathematical proof, you're asking us to take your opinion as true based on faith in your credibility as a source of revealed truth. Sorry, but as rational people, I'm afraid we can't do that.

Last edited by T-J on 08-May-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-May-2011 21:07:01
#923 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
The moon is like a giant magnet suspended by the earth. I showed linked that it is magnetized and has a dusty atmosphere with voltages as high as 1000 volts at certain times. It is magnetically fixed/oriented to always point towards the earth as other similar celestial bodies/moons are. It is moons WITH a geodynamo that are free to rotate like the earth.

But Lou, its been demonstrated that the moon's magnetic field is too weak to suspend it as you suggest.

You really fail at reading comprehension.

Quote:
And your theory has been proved wrong by the fact that moons with a geodynamo are not free to rotate like the Earth.

Oh really, where?

Quote:
Quote:
The principles of a solenoid are well known.

It is precisely *because* the principles of a solenoid are so well known that we know the solar system is not one!

Who said the solar system was a solenoid?

Quote:
The rest of your comment was nothing more than yet another repeat of previous assertions, yet again without any mathematic proof.

blah blah blah I refuse to read the links provided because I follow the religion of gravity and my name it T-J blah blah blah

-that's all I heard there...

Quote:
If you can't provide this mathematical proof, you're asking us to take your opinion as true based on faith in your credibility as a source of revealed truth. Sorry, but as rational people, I'm afraid we can't do that.

Your inability to click on a link defies all laws of probability...

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-May-2011 21:54:58
#924 ]

@Lou

Quote:
From my perspective, a block of iron and a block of aluminum could have the same amount of particles, however, how they are aligned to form atoms will make one more magnetic than the other hence one will weigh more surrounded by earth's EM vs. in the absence of any magnetic fields.

Avogadro's number = 6.0221415 × 10^23
6.0221415 × 10^23 atoms of aluminium has a mass of 26.98g, the same number of atoms of iron has a mass of 55.84g, while for lead it is 207.2g.
The magnetic properties of Lead are more closely related to Aluminium than to iron. Using gravity formulae Lead should be heavier than iron, while your theory would have lead and aluminium being around the same weight on earth.

Quote:
But I have linked where the proof is. It's just ignored. Look up "electric universe theory".

I have followed the link that you supplied, just as I followed every other link that you have supplied in order to find out what you were trying to say. In every previous case I and others have been able to refute your point and this case is no different. I am not ignoring your "proofs" I have studied them and found them wanting. The error in this case can be summed up in the term "orders of magnitude." The forces you describe are simply too small to achieve the outcomes that you claim.

Quote:
What you aren't grasping is that both Gauss and Tesla measure force over an area at one single point and not for every point volume of a piece of matter.

You specified in one of your earlier posts that you had spent 36 of your 40 years in USA. What you aren't grasping is that I qualified as an electrical and electronic engineer at around the time that you were being conceived, and I do not need some wet behind the ears little ####### calling me ignorant and telling me how a solenoid works.
You claim that the solar system works on an electromagetic principle yet you choose to ignore the fact that magnetic fields of the planets and moons are either random or nonexistent. Go back to school and learn how a three phase squirrel cage induction motor works.
The voyager space probes were launched on a ballistic trajectory calculated on their mass, and they went where they were supposed to, and until you can come up with a set of equations that can plot their courses better using electro magnetic principles, and post them here, then your outpourings will remain the mindless ramblings of a failed religious zealot.

Quote:
Quote:

And your blind ignorant stupid mindless arrogance defies all decency.

T-J 
Posted on 8-May-2011 21:55:23
#925 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:

Hmm. I'll come back to that point later.

Quote:
Oh really, where?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganymede_(moon)#Magnetosphere

Ganymede is a moon. It has a geodynamo. It is tidally locked with Jupiter and does not rotate. This is because of Gravity.

But it doesn't matter what we tell you, does it? NASA, ESA, JAXA etc all have independently gathered the data, but they're all part of the global conspiracy, aren't they?

Quote:

Well, you do seem to think its an electromagnet...

Quote:
blah blah blah I refuse to read the links provided because I follow the religion of gravity and my name it T-J blah blah blah

Calm down, dear, its only an internet argument.

I'm sorry, but your theory doesn't make sense. And because science is not a religion, we therefore have to reject it and accept the theory that has all the evidence and provides usable mathematics we can describe the universe with.

Quote:

So, what was that earlier comment about my reading comprehension?

Quote:

I think its only fair, since BrianK and others have given you numerous worked examples of real physics at work, that you return the favour and give us a worked example of your model of the solar system.

We're waiting.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-May-2011 0:47:38
#926 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
It is to be hoped that any civilisation advanced enough to solve the problem of crossing the interstellar distances would be equally or more ethical than ourselves, so I'd guess that they'd have rules and regulations in place to protect primitives like us from the usual bad outcomes. Some sort of nature reserve legislation, perhaps.
Being overtaken by aliens is the least of my concerns. Aliens seem to be content making pretty designs in cornfields.

Lou 
Posted on 9-May-2011 2:19:56
#927 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Due pardon me, I never realized infinite wisdom was handed on a silver platter once you reached a certain age.

Lou 
Posted on 9-May-2011 2:29:06
#928 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Hmm. I'll come back to that point later.

Quote:
Oh really, where?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganymede_(moon)#Magnetosphere

Ganymede is a moon. It has a geodynamo. It is tidally locked with Jupiter and does not rotate. This is because of Gravity.

But it doesn't matter what we tell you, does it? NASA, ESA, JAXA etc all have independently gathered the data, but they're all part of the global conspiracy, aren't they?

Quote:

Well, you do seem to think its an electromagnet...

Quote:

Calm down, dear, its only an internet argument.

I'm sorry, but your theory doesn't make sense. And because science is not a religion, we therefore have to reject it and accept the theory that has all the evidence and provides usable mathematics we can describe the universe with.

Quote:

So, what was that earlier comment about my reading comprehension?

Quote:

I think its only fair, since BrianK and others have given you numerous worked examples of real physics at work, that you return the favour and give us a worked example of your model of the solar system.

We're waiting.

Special relatively as I've said many times before in your clear lack of reading comprehension is what I've been talking about. For composite systems, it's easier to use the dumbed-down Newtownian stuff...

I'm done talking on the subject as you'll simply ignore that and continue to claim I've given no proof. Deny and discredit is the name of the game afterall.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-May-2011 5:18:50
#929 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I'm done talking on the subject as you'll simply ignore that and continue to claim I've given no proof.
Your proof that electromagnetism is the primary force for the rotation of the planets is weak. Looking at the EM Theory page you linked there's 1 peer reviewed study on Jupiter and IO having an EM relationship but there is no collaborating evidence on it. The others are papers on dust. Just because some dust gets thrown around is hardly reason to assume that something a million times more massive also is controlled in the same manner. One needs proof.

No one here said EM is not a force in the universe. What I have said is that in our current state of knowledge that gravitational forces predominate in our solar sytsem and appear to predominate in the universe on the planetary scale. The evidence is fairly clear for our solar system. EM effects are simply too weak to move the earth.

We recently saw a solar flare kick out 1500 Gauss (so 1500x more than the average output of the sun) and it hit earth. What happened? I got to see some pretty colored dust move in our atmosphere. Northern Lights are pretty.

Not to mention the crazy Nibiru/Planet X is all EM and it caused earthquakes on 'alignment dates' which was a lie as it never happened on an 'alignment date'. Oh and while the EM effect moved the crust to cause an earthquake it had no noticed effect on any magnetometers or satellites. Even if it is EM, (which it's not), Nibiru impacting us now is nothing short of junk 'science'.

Last edited by BrianK on 09-May-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 9-May-2011 7:14:16
#930 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Due pardon me, I never realized infinite wisdom was handed on a silver platter once you reached a certain age.

My sincerest apologies, you are quite correct, wisdom does not necessarily come with age.
The only things that age gives you are arthritis and grey hair, although I will allow myself to boast that I have managed to retain most of the hair.
What gives me the relevant knowledge, rather than special wisdom is the five years of study needed to qualify at the time mentioned.
Of course things have changed a bit since then, but the basic rules remain the same and as a result I have been able to keep up with the advances without causing myself any undue embarrassment. One of the reasons I have been able to do this is because I have an ability that I had honestly thought was normal, but appears to be an alien concept in certain quarters.
I can understand basic mathematics! As BrianK would put it "I can do the math" and I can tell the difference between little and large.

Please allow me to try to explain the concept of scale to you again.
An ant can lift 50 times its own body weight, whereas an elephant can only just lift over its own weight to the point that an elephant is unable to jump, therefore an ant is relatively stronger than an elephant. If you place an ant on an elephants back, the elephant does not notice. If you place an elephant on an ants back the ant does not exist.

I am not denying that EM forces exist, in fact I have had an entire career built on the fact that they DO exist. The point that I and others are trying to make, and that you are blithely refusing to accept, is that they are not the overriding answer to the eternal question of life, the universe and everything.

I have had the courtesy to look at your points, and to apologise when I was wrong, as did MikeB to T-J. Will you also have the courtesy to open you mind to the possibilities shown by the application of mathematics, and withdraw your comments to several people of being ignorant.

MikeB 
Posted on 9-May-2011 7:25:47
#931 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Your proof that electromagnetism is the primary force for the rotation of the planets is weak.

Try to ignore your "educated" (read brainwashed) biases for a moment and use your common sense instead. Look at how some smaller objects are orbiting the sun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGWhdDg07N4

Now look at how space debris is orbitting the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3siZXdDgkoA

Quote:
EM effects are simply too weak to move the earth.

The EM current is more than sufficient to over the period of billions of years and a constant current to keep everything around the sun in motion (all in the same direction, think about it). Really this should be part of primary school education.

Quote:
We recently saw a solar flare kick out

I think you underestimate the mass of the earth. It is not just some empthy balloon which with a little wind drifts far away.

Quote:
Northern Lights are pretty.

You don't seem to understand solar flares go round the sun as a spiral with the EM current just like everything else. If the earth could make a full stop, a wall of orbitting molecules, magnetic clouds, asteroids, etc would slam into the magnetosphere causing the earth to light up as a comet and many larger objects would pierce through to create havoc. The earth would gradually start moving again.

You should really use your common sense instead.

MikeB 
Posted on 9-May-2011 7:43:34
#932 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

No, everything orbitting the earth in a steady orbit has enough magnetic properties (all matter has magnetic properties) to orbit the earth. But gravitational pull also has significant effect within such extremely small distances.

Nothing special is needed for a body to orbit the sun. What is needed for a moon to orbit a planet is that this planet must have a rotating magnetosphere, thus a rotating inner core. This will produce a magnetic current, just like the sun produces.

Earth's magnetic field is more than sufficient to hold onto the moon and is dominant over the sun's heliospheric current at such extremely small distances (compared to the distance of planets).

Last edited by MikeB on 09-May-2011 at 07:59 AM.

MikeB 
Posted on 9-May-2011 7:52:23
#933 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Not to mention the crazy Nibiru/Planet X is all EM and it caused earthquakes on 'alignment dates' which was a lie as it never happened on an 'alignment date'.

You opt to ignore or read the study I provided you with. There are clear indications there is a direct relationship. However it's more complex than you imagine.

To accept nothing other than a perfect alignment as proof would be pretty strange coming from you as nothing of this sort of extreme requirements are used for the theory of universal gravity (actually rapid increase of doctoring is required to keep this blind faith roughly going from the larger perspective we take).

MikeB 
Posted on 9-May-2011 8:16:02
#934 ]
Elite Member

This is a nice little article for people to read if you want to better understand the earth, sun, brown dwarf and other planets with magnetospheres within our solar system:

Liquid Magnet: Stirred, not Shaken
http://focus.aps.org/story/v27/st17

Nimrod 
Posted on 9-May-2011 8:46:40
#935 ]

@MikeB

If you are going to claim that the planets are being moved by EM forces please first look at how induction motors work.
The stator creates a rotating magnetic field, in much the same way that you refer to the rotating magnetic field of the sun. So far so good. This rotating magnetic field induces currents in the rotor. Since the Earth has an iron core this could well be the case, however there is no evidence that all bodies in the solar system have this particular benefit.
This current generates a magnetic field that opposes the field that caused it. This bit is important. If the Earths magnetic field were entirely due to the suns magnetic field it would align itself with the suns magnetic field. If the Earths magnetic field were due to a separate geodynamo effect the geodynamo field would interact with the generated magnetic field. If the generated magnetic field was strong enough it would rotate the Earths geomagnetic axis to align the two magnetic fields. The amount of energy required to do this is far less than the amount of energy required to accelerate the Earth, no matter how gently.
Some planets and moons have a geodynamo and would, in your model act as synchronous motors, some have a ferrous core and would act as induction motors, while some parts of the solar system are non ferrous and would not be influenced by EM forces in the way you describe.
You state that the Earth maintains a moon simply because of its magnetic field, and the fact hath Venus, which does not have the powerful geodynamo that Earth has, also has no moon ostensibly gives weight to your statement. Mars however also has no geodynamo, but maintains two moons, Deimos and Phobos. Pluto, on the other hand has the largest "moon"in comparison to its own size in the solar system, but there is no evidence of a spectacular magnetic field.
The New Horizons space probe will be arriving in 2015 and will be able to measure the magnetic properties of this double minor planet. Incidentally, like many such missions the New horizons will be benefitting from a gravity slingshot free ride courtesy of Jupiter. A bit more weight to the theory of gravity if you will pardon the pun.

Edit:
Quote:
Liquid Magnet: Stirred, not Shaken http://focus.aps.org/story/v27/st17

Yes. An interesting article about the generation of geodynamos in objects that have geodynamos, but totally irrelevant where no geodynamo exists.
(Mars, Venus, Nibiru, Elenin, Honda etc.)

Last edited by Nimrod on 09-May-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Last edited by Nimrod on 09-May-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Last edited by Nimrod on 09-May-2011 at 08:59 AM.

MikeB 
Posted on 9-May-2011 9:14:05
#936 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Your example is of no solar relevance. The sun rotates counter clockwise, thus also its magnetic field, just like the orbitting planets and just like the magnetic spiral shaped current (the pancake). This all isn't just a coincidence!

Think about it. Over billions of years the sun has exerted endless billions of tonnes of magnetic material into the surrounding solar system. This matter would like to align with field lines, bu the field lines constantly move (due to the sun's rotation) and thus this matter is set into motion.

To look at the universe based on universal gravity, where the overwhelmingly amounts of objects constantly want to slam into each other but fail to do so due to some miracle momentum will never allow you to understand the universe's most basic principles and thus you will be lost understanding the bigger picture as well.

Nimrod 
Posted on 9-May-2011 10:25:08
#937 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
Your example is of no solar relevance. The sun rotates counter clockwise, thus also its magnetic field, just like the orbitting planets

How is the example of no relevance? Direction of rotation is irrelevant. whatever direction the magnetic field rotates, the rotor follows it, having generated a magnetic field that aligns in opposition (N-S, S-N).
Quote:
To accept nothing other than a perfect alignment as proof would be pretty strange

I realise that this is a different aspect of alignment (planetary alignment with a comet, as opposed to magnetic field alignment) however just as you ask others to look at the alignments, so I ask you to look at alignments. For your model to work, the planets would all have magnetic fields aligned, not randomly tilted or non existent. If you have an equation that refutes this basic principle of electrical theory then please be so kind as to provide it for the benefit of all.
If you can't follow the mathematics try an experiment. Get a magnet and a compass. Now try to use the magnet to move the compass to a different position, without it first rotating the compass needle to align with the magnet. The planetary magnetic fields DO NOT ALIGN. In a Newtonian dominated system this makes no difference. In an EM dominated system this cannot happen.

T-J 
Posted on 9-May-2011 11:15:16
#938 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Try to ignore your "educated" (read brainwashed) biases for a moment and use your common sense instead.

We're not using any 'brainwashed' biases, we have weighed the evidence for and against your theory and found it wanting. Until you can formulate some equations describing your theory and demonstrating it to be more accurate than Einstein, it will continue to be found wanting by all rational minds.

Quote:
The EM current is more than sufficient to over the period of billions of years and a constant current to keep everything around the sun in motion (all in the same direction, think about it). Really this should be part of primary school education.

Quote:
No, everything orbitting the earth in a steady orbit has enough magnetic properties (all matter has magnetic properties) to orbit the earth. But gravitational pull also has significant effect within such extremely small distances.

But Mike, it has been measured directly. The EM current is not sufficient over any period to drive the observed motions of the planets or the Moon.

It is orders of magnitude too weak, and besides which, the Sun's magnetic field has halved over the past 20 years with no impact on the planets - how can this be so if their orbit is determined by the strength of the Sun's magnetic field?

Quote:
Nothing special is needed for a body to orbit the sun. What is needed for a moon to orbit a planet is that this planet must have a rotating magnetosphere, thus a rotating inner core. This will produce a magnetic current, just like the sun produces.

No. It is in fact the other way around - having a significant-sized satellite in orbit promotes the dynamo flow in a planetary core, leading to the maintenance of a rotating magnetosphere that although powerful, is orders of magnitude too weak to keep said satellite in orbit.

The orbits are set by mass and momentum, things like electromagnetism account for the rounding errors.

Quote:
You opt to ignore or read the study I provided you with. There are clear indications there is a direct relationship. However it's more complex than you imagine.

No, Mike. We read that study. At least I did. Unfortunately, its argument depended on the reader accepting the existence of a fictional object, Nibiru, for which there is absolutely no evidence.

Your point of view probably makes perfect sense to you. Unfortunately, the rest of us have to apply reason to your theories, and I'm sorry, but the evidence just isn't there to support them.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-May-2011 11:26:55
#939 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Try to ignore your "educated" (read brainwashed) biases for a moment and use your common sense instead....You should really use your common sense instead.
Common sense is uneducated and unscientific. One that's an arguement from personal bias instead of demonstrated predictability. It was through learning the facts and making better predictions that we throw off the chains of 'common sense' ignorance. We know that the gods never drove chairots containing the stars and that earth isn't at the center of it all. Common sense is the guess. In the case of EM it's failed proof or predictability.

Quote:
Really this should be part of primary school education.
And the reason it is not is because you do not have sufficent proof of alignment of factors nor can you make better predictability than Einstein. In primary school the scientific method should be taught and those theories with the most encompassing evidence. When students get better at the scientific method then they should be introduced with depth of evidence.

Quote:
You opt to ignore or read the study I provided you with.
Read considered and rejected due to it's lack of validation and evidence.

Quote:
To accept nothing other than a perfect alignment as proof would be pretty strange coming from you as nothing of this sort of extreme requirements are used for the theory of universal gravity
So when Elenins claim, as Lou did, that earthquakes happened on the alignments we really shouldn't consider the alignments? You've told us we need to consider things. So that's EXACTLY what I did. Looked at the dates of claimed alignments and the dates of earthquakes. They don't match. The statement made is false. You need to put down the uneducated and step up the logic.

MikeB 
Posted on 9-May-2011 12:38:33
#940 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
It is orders of magnitude too weak, and besides which, the Sun's magnetic field has halved over the past 20 years with no impact on the planets - how can this be so if their orbit is determined by the strength of the Sun's magnetic field?

It is orders of magnitude too strong, so it won't matter if the force is twice as strong or twice as weak, at least not with regard to orbit path. It does not matter if you hold a ball losely and rotate around or a bodybuilder holding such a ball very tightly while spinning around. The path of the ball remains the same.

As for orbit speed it won't have much of an effect if the average strenght of the field (over thousands or maybe millions of years) remains pretty constant.

Now why do you think the magnetic field weakens?

I think the magnetic field between the sun and earth will again strenghten instead of weaken, once Tyche/Niburi has passed and is moving away from the sun. Magnetic field strenght should be a good indicator for determining if Tyche/Nibiru is moving away from the sun or towards the sun.

Quote:
No. It is in fact the other way around - having a significant-sized satellite in orbit promotes the dynamo flow in a planetary core

While it does contribute, we look differently to this chicken&egg thing.

Did the earth first develop a magnetosphere before the moon started orbitting the earth or was the moon first orbitting the earth so that a magnetosphere developed. I opt for the first choice as the second one seems too far fetched to me.

Quote:
The orbits are set by mass and momentum, things like electromagnetism account for the rounding errors.

Attraction and repulsion. "Mass" has a direct relation to both EM and gravity as in more mass is directly linear to having more atomic particles. However is my model distance between the atoms / molecules / etc are important. For example having a very large volume of the same mass or a very low volume with the same mass makes quite a difference. In the first case you could maybe simply float in the outer edges of this cloud, while in the second example you could falls towards certain death.

To me it looks obvious what they did while estimating the mass of the planets orbiting the sun. They took the equation already observed for thousands of years and tried to related the mass and distance of the planets to this. As the distance is hard to cheat, they play with their estimates for mass to fit Einstein/Newton's theory.

If you consider the above it's so stupid to claim the orbits of the planets can be calculated roughly based their equation. Of course it does.... But that doesn't make it right!

Last edited by MikeB on 09-May-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle