Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 108 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  6 mins ago
 agami:  25 mins ago
 Hammer:  31 mins ago
 Hypex:  42 mins ago
 Karlos:  44 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  50 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 28 mins ago
 Seiya:  6 hrs 30 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
T-J 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 6-May-2011 16:56:04
#881 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Right, so some code you did years ago on a C128 is your source? But it is of course completely impossible that you might have made the mistake. Rather, the entirety of modern physics *must* be wrong, because some code you put together on your machine years ago didn't give the same answers.

Of course.

Anyway, why should I send anything I do to you for review?

You clearly haven't submitted any of your ideas for review. Nor have your heroes in the field of pseudoscience. Double standards at work again.

If you want to see good simulations of gravity, just have a look around the internet. Stick 'gravity simulations' into google if you really can't think of anywhere reputable to look. There are plenty of simulations that don't end as you keep asserting, many of them are even peer-reviewed.

Quote:
Sitchin said Nibiru isn't coming until 2900 as I stated a page or two ago.

But before you noticed that, you were preaching to us about how 2011 was The Year, and how 2012 was just a smokescreen to cover up the approaching Nibiru-induced doom.

Moving the goalposts again, are we?

Never mind. The Prophet Sitchin isn't the only lunatic with a fictional planetary body to preach about. I'm sure you'll find someone else to invest absolute faith in. Maybe those 'prophesies' from the Hopi. Although why you capitalise the entire word is again a mystery.

Last edited by T-J on 06-May-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 06-May-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 6-May-2011 17:33:46
#882 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
. Force is only equal if they are in the same direction.
You need clarity in this statement. Certainly F=ma has no directional component. 100 Newtons = 100 Newtons. Now that is a measure of magnitude. Force also has a direction. Forces equal out not if they are in the same direction. Forces equal out, the object reaches equilibrium, only if the magnitudes are the same and directions are opposite to each other. And of course we're talking about the same object here.

Lou 
Posted on 6-May-2011 17:38:10
#883 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Anyway, why should I send anything I do to you for review?

Ditto!

Quote:
Double standards at work again.

par for the course

Quote:
[quote]Sitchin said Nibiru isn't coming until 2900 as I stated a page or two ago.

I admitted to not noticing it sooner despite being written in what the 70's? When are you going to admit you are wrong about vector forces?

Quote:
But before you noticed that, you were preaching to us about how 2011 was The Year, and how 2012 was just a smokescreen to cover up the approaching Nibiru-induced doom.

Moving the goalposts again, are we?

Very early on, I mentioned the HOPI prophecy. That hasn't changed. I admitted overlooking something Sitchin wrote because I didn't read his books directly despite what you'd like to believe.

Quote:
Never mind. The Prophet Sitchin isn't the only lunatic with a fictional planetary body to preach about. I'm sure you'll find someone else to invest absolute faith in. Maybe those 'prophesies' from the Hopi. Although why you capitalise the entire word is again a mystery.

I capitalized for one reason: I can. Mystery solved.

Lou 
Posted on 6-May-2011 17:49:14
#884 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
. Force is only equal if they are in the same direction.
You need clarity in this statement. Certainly F=ma has no directional component. 100 Newtons = 100 Newtons. Now that is a measure of magnitude. Force also has a direction. Forces equal out not if they are in the same direction. Forces equal out, the object reaches equilibrium, only if the magnitudes are the same and directions are opposite to each other. And of course we're talking about the same object here.

Really?

As I said, F=ma, just like e=mcc are simplified formulas with fixed parameters.
If you want to talk about magnitudes only then yes you can ignore direction, however that's a simplistic and rudimentry way of looking at things which is how gravity was defined. In reality, 'gravity' is a two-way street but you are taught to ignore that because most physics classes use 'surface of the earth'-based problems using averages like 9.8m/ss to denote a giant mass of the earth and a tiny mass or relatively speaking, anything else on the earth you'd be comparing it to and the limited variation in radius from the center of the earth's mass. But even 9.8m/ss has a direction. It is a vector because the direction is towards the center of mass of the earth. So to ignore direction when talking about force is simply because either you are teaching someone to crawl on the path to walking and eventually running or you are ignorant.

T-J 
Posted on 6-May-2011 18:14:43
#885 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
Ditto!

Hmm, not quite. I'm not the one suggesting that the entire scientific community is wrong, based on some mysterious un-reviewed code from years ago.

You've got extraordinary claims. Where's the extraordinary evidence to back them up?

Quote:
I capitalized for one reason: I can. Mystery solved.

Oh, how boring. MikeB capitalises the first three letters of 'Elenin' because he thinks there's some grand conspiracy to name Leonid in such a way that his last name can provide part of an acronym for Extinction Level Event.

Shame you've not invented a similarly creative one for the word 'Hopi'. Anyway, the Hopi religion makes no references to the world ending in 2012 whatsoever, so I'm not sure where you're getting any of this from.

Nimrod 
Posted on 6-May-2011 18:18:27
#886 ]

@Lou
People usually wait until after the "no show" to change their dates, although to be fair Sitchin did disassociate himself from the 2011 speculation.

Elenin is a dirty snowball.(The comet, not the astronomer) It does not have a magnetosphere. Nor does Leonid Elenin.
Comet Honda is also a dirty snowball with no magnetosphere.The comet nucleus is estimated to be 1.6 kilometers in diameter.
The summary is precisely what it says. A Summary. It was not intended to stretch to 45 pages.

Quote:
Also, I never said Einstein was wrong, just that you are using simplified special case formulas. Einstein's later formulas on special relativity use EM.

You were the one who introduced the E=mc^2 equivalence, I merely did the maths. You want to use a different formula, prove the requirement and then do the maths and show us where we are wrong.
From Special relativity for dummies Quote:
Special relativity includes only the special case (hence the name) where the motion is uniform. The motion it explains is only if you’re traveling in a straight line at a constant speed. As soon as you accelerate or curve — or do anything that changes the nature of the motion in any way — special relativity ceases to apply. That’s where Einstein’s general theory of relativity comes in, because it can explain the general case of any sort of motion.

As late as 1948 Einstein was recording lectures using E=mc^2Quote:
"It followed from the Special Theory of Relativity that mass and energy are both but different manifestations of the same thing - a somewhat unfamiliar conception for the average mind. Furthermore, the equation E is equal to mc², in which energy is put equal to mass, multiplied with the [by the] square of the velocity of light, showed that very small amounts of mass may be converted into a very large amount of energy and vice versa. The mass and energy were in fact equivalent, according to the formula mentioned before [E = mc²]. This was demonstrated by ####croft and Walton in 1932, experimentally."

The gravity probe B experiment was carried out to prove Einsteins later general theory of relativity

Nimrod 
Posted on 6-May-2011 18:42:12
#887 ]

@T-J

Quote:
You've got extraordinary claims. Where's the extraordinary evidence to back them up?

What do you mean "extraordinary evidence". I have yet to see any evidence!

BrianK 
Posted on 6-May-2011 19:20:14
#888 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
As I said, F=ma, just like e=mcc are simplified formulas with fixed parameters. If you want to talk about magnitudes only then yes you can ignore direction
Don't forget you stated 'Force is only equal if they are in the same direction'. When one is looking at an object within a frame of refence the direction of acceleration and amount of acceleration depends upon all forces acting on that object.

If an object is at equilibirum it's because equal forces are working in opposite directions. To make a really simple example something doesn't move if the same force is applied to the top and bottom of the object. The Force must be equal if the force was unequal the object would move. And in this case the direction isn't the same it's opposite. Now the real world is much more complicated as there are forceS involved. The reason for not moving is because opposite Forces are Equal.

And certainly we're not just talking gravity here. If an object is being pushed up by Electromatgnetic force at 100 Newtons and being pushed down by gravity at 100 Newtons the system doesn't care the type of force simply that the Forces are equal and thus the object will be at equilibrum and not move.

For example: If you take a canonball and it travels north 234.5 feet, then you take the same canon ball and it travels east 234.5 feet. We say the force used to eject the canonball was equal because the resultant action, a 234.5 foot journey, is the same.

Last edited by BrianK on 06-May-2011 at 07:36 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 6-May-2011 19:34:24
#889 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
Elenin is a dirty snowball.(The comet, not the astronomer) It does not have a magnetosphere. Nor does Leonid Elenin.
To be fair I don't know the exact compesition of Elenin. Comets are indeed a dirty snowball. However, the amount of snow and amount of other materials do vary. Perhaps (unlikely) Elenin is 99% magnetic iron and 1% snow. This object would likely have a very small EM field that in no significant way could impact the earth.. F=q1q2/d^2 is the equation for force of a magnetic field.

People, Leonid Elenin, do have a small electromagnetic field. Though it's so very tiny it is neither affected by the world around us or has any effect on the world. For example: The Physical Therapy magnetic bands that align your magnetic field and bring health are complete and utter bullcrap. (I'd call it pseudoscience but that's even too much credit.)

As used within the thread we're talking effects of a magnetic field. Thus, it is fair you say there isn't one. Even though it's not prefect it is clearly more accurate to say one doesn't exist then try and make the claims that Elenin/Planet X/Naboo is having a magnetic effect so great it's causing earthquakes in Japan.

Last edited by BrianK on 06-May-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 06-May-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 6-May-2011 20:12:22
#890 ]

@BrianK

Quote:
People, Leonid Elenin, do have a small electromagnetic field.

So that's why males and females stick together, and have to do that rhythmic pumping in order to separate themselves.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-May-2011 9:14:38
#891 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Zetatalk claims this video of a Zeta is genuine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I7eBt5IsD8

MikeB 
Posted on 7-May-2011 10:51:23
#892 ]
Elite Member

Although we should be cautious for trusting the Zetas, Zetatalk does provide far superior insights with regard how the universe opperates compared to what NASA and scientists provide us with:

They however don't seem to go into full detail like I have, not wanting to provide more data and insight than necessary to debunk NASA's claims (or I have thus far missed it).

"What would have been astonishing would have been if the gyroscope did not move at all, given the whirlwind of particle flows affecting the satellite holding the gyroscope."

"The gyro is either static and not moving over time, or they are moving. When they discovered movement in what should have been a satellite unaffected by Earth gravity (or so they presumed) they set about, as most mathematicians do, to make the data line up with Einstein's theory."

http://zetatalk.com/ning/07ma2011.htm

MikeB 
Posted on 7-May-2011 11:02:26
#893 ]
Elite Member

I think to better understand the grafic above you should imagine this as a spiral instead of arrows:

You can then more easily imagine a certain pull up to a certain point when repulsion suddenly starts to become dominant (celestral bodies with strong magnetospheres), but note that all matter is basically magnetic to some extend.

Last edited by MikeB on 07-May-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 7-May-2011 12:05:06
#894 ]

@MikeB

Zetatalk???
Is there no nutjob too incredibly out of touch with the real world that you will not dredge up to imply that you know more than the rest of the world.

Quote:
Although we should be cautious for trusting the Zetas, Zetatalk does provide far superior insights with regard how the universe opperates compared to what NASA and scientists provide us with:

Superior insights to NASA? How many satellites has Nancy put into orbit? How many space probes have Zetatalk sent out of the solar system, having accurately used "slingshot" approaches to gas giant planets?

The voices that Nancy hears in her head have a far simpler, and common explanation.
And no, I am not trying to make a fool of her. She's doing a perfectly good job of it without any help from me

Kronos 
Posted on 7-May-2011 13:03:02
#895 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Now lets sum Mike's and Lou's "evidence" up:

Maya calendars that simply run out just as the one on my wall will on Dec 31st.
Summerian scripplings mistranslated by some desperate wannabe scientiest trying to sell some books.
Hopi prophecies (weren't they the ones with the candles ?).
Aborigines folkore (now we are 100% in the stoneage )
The bible (was there ever book written containing more selfcontradicting BS ??)
And now Roswell aliens as topping.

Yeah thats convincing.

BrianK 
Posted on 7-May-2011 13:14:25
#896 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
http://zetatalk.com/ning/07ma2011.htm
Comments. Line 1, date is wrong it's 2011 not 2010. If every probe sent forth is spying on Planet X why not listen to a satellite feed and provide some actual evidence? While the USA claims to have killed Osama they stated his body was dumped at sea and we don't have it in possession. A paragraph later they state the body was destroyed, so they can't even be consistent within 2 paragraphs. They stated in 2002 they knew of Osama's whereabouts and didn't step forward. Zetas are morally corrupt to protect a terrorist. This is the first 5 paragraphs, the rest further spirals into crazyland.

Superior insights?

MikeB 
Posted on 7-May-2011 21:36:03
#897 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Quote:
Summerian scripplings mistranslated by some desperate wannabe scientiest trying to sell some books.

Nope.

It even triggered professional astronomers to search for Niburi/Planet X, for example the one who first discovered Pluto's largest moon.

You forget to mention tons of other sources. The biggest hint is of course the Piramids and egyption writings. And of course the Chinese writings, also their dragon dances where the dragon needs to follow a burning orb is the best surviving tradition relating to Nibiru.

In any case when something happens we can't say the ancients didn't try to warn us (they could hardly have created something bigger than the Piramids, even for today that's quite an undertaking.

Also we can't claim there weren't any natural signs beforehand. Mass animals deaths, enormous earthquakes/tunamis/floods, sever weather changes, etc.

Also we can't claim we weren't warned in any way from the astronomical perspective. Like the two biggest asteroids ever encountered, one of which pointing straight towards earth and the other one passing between the moon and earth. Then we have several comets heading our way, one of which has been confirmed to become a so called great comet visible with the naked eye passing us closer than one of the planets in our solar system.

Even NASA admits to be looking for Tyche.

So to claim: "We couldn't have known" would be a poor excuse.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-May-2011 21:43:01
#898 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Superior insights?

With regard to astronomical science, most certainly. I have no doubt about it at all.

As for the rest, that's for yourself to decide. Maybe they are just re-using the most common rumours.

In any case, remember when Bush had to be re-elected and suddenly Saddam Hussein is caputered. Now Obama's re-election is near and yes now Osama Bin Laden is captured (actually killed unarmed!). A coincidence? Maybe or maybe not.

IMO there is no true democracy in the United States. Democrats or republicans, it's the capitalistic companies (greatly in the hands of 'buddies') which fund their campaigns and Americans are like little sheep and thus one of the two best funded candidates will be elected (unless there's a miracle).

In many if not most countries this would be an (understandably) illegal construction.

Last edited by MikeB on 07-May-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 07-May-2011 at 09:45 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 7-May-2011 22:59:22
#899 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
With regard to astronomical science, most certainly. I have no doubt about it at all.
I have little doubt you are a True BeLIEver(tm). It's clear in your view opinions and guesses have the same worth as facts which why you have such a closed and dishonest approach.

Quote:
In any case, remember when Bush had to be re-elected and suddenly Saddam Hussein is caputered. Now Obama's re-election is near and yes now Osama Bin Laden is captured (actually killed unarmed!). A coincidence? Maybe or maybe not
My opinion is that war is predominantly a political tool. Was Osama caught to support Obama? Well, if they were doing it as a re-election stunt it was clearly not well timed. The election is 18 months away. The Republican challenger isn't picked. If it were me and I wanted the most bang for the buck a capture in 2012 just before the election would have help ensured the mantle was run over the finish line.

Quote:
IMO there is no true democracy in the United States.
Never was a true Democracy we're a nation that elects Representatives. The rest of the USA hate is whatever you want to feel. Though note not sure why it's nothing to do with Nibiru or any of the other guesses you profession as true. Perhaps the Grays are controlling the corporations and thus the USA.

I think the Greys are controlling Sony. Because it took a simple attack with a Mac to knock down their operation in one fail swoop.

Last edited by BrianK on 07-May-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Kronos 
Posted on 8-May-2011 0:05:31
#900 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Real scientist were searching for that extra planet long before that scamster and his books came around.

The egyptians believed that some of the stars represented some of their gods and thats why they build the pyramids the way they did.

They did not believe it because they had an actual encounter of the 3rd kind, no they believed it cos their priest had to make some crap up to stay in control.

Natural disasters did happen last year, the year before, in 2008,2007 .....
Some of them are made bigger and more fequent by 7 billion people f###ing up a planet not made to support them but surely no freak mega-comet involved in it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle