Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  18 mins ago
 zipper:  19 mins ago
 Gunnar:  22 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Comi:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 vox:  2 hrs 52 mins ago
 BigD:  3 hrs 59 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
MikeB 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:17:05
#501 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Third eye, sorry, its just so much bunk used by mediums to get your cash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peneal_gland (which produces DMT)

"Pinealocytes in many non-mammalian vertebrates have a strong resemblance to the photoreceptor cells of the eye. Some evolutionary biologists believe that the vertebrate pineal cells share a common evolutionary ancestor with retinal cells."

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 20-Apr-2011 23:27:13
#502 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:
LOU:
So let me sum this up:
Comet Elenin is found and it's orbit plotted.
On 3 previous alignments with this comet and other celestial bodies, major "events" happened. (see Chile, New Zealand, Japan)
This 'comet' is getting closer. It has more aligments happening listed per the timeline that I posted.

BRIANK:
This statement is clearly bunk!

The major event of the earthquake in Japan occurred on March 11th. The 'alignment' supposedly occurred on March 15th . And certainly the prophesy was off as March 15th 2011 was not predicted to bring an earthquake but an immediate shift of the poles

We could look at dates of alignment published prior to Chile and New Zealand events. I wouldn't be suprised if their events failed to fall on 'alignment' dates either.

Quote:
LOU: The pole shift is a migration, not an instant process.
Also, depending on the actual position of the planets, the center of mass could have been closer on the 11th despite the alignment on the 15th and after it as well. If you recall there was a 2nd quake a few days after the alignment too. You also are refusing to accept room for error in the calculation of orbits considering these bodies are travelling in the hunderds of thousands of miles per hour. In fact all scientific calculations are presented with an error correction factor. But let's ignore that to debunk this, ok, sure.
So, if you really believe the cause was not on the alignmentment why did you state 'On the 3 previous alignments'?

Other alignment was 2/27/2011. It was 6 days before this when NZ quake happened. It was 8 days after this when the Chile quake hit. It'd appear the buffer is now within 8 days before or after an alignment? Or roughly 1/2 of every month?

Quote:
LOU: So if another earthquake happens 4 days before or after the next alignment and the next alignment then clearly this Elenin alignment stuff is bunk, right?
Clearly if an earthquake does not happen on the alignment you shouldn't say it did!

Quote:
LOU:It brings back what I've said before: how many coincidences in a row will it take?
Observations are not prefect. It's easy to fool ourselves. (Example A: I forget who requested a double object that just simply couldn't be faked and it was subsequently provided a double moon that was easily faked. Example B: Magicians.) It's well established that coorelation does not establish causation.

Perhaps what this thread needs is a bit of understanding of earthquakes. USGS is one such place that monitors and tracks these sort of activities.

In the case of the 3 quakes that didn't happen on Elenin alignments and the Elenin lovers falsely claim did were all 6 or larger. If you look at USGS you will find these types of events average about 150 per year. Now an average is a look over a period of time. It's not exactly fair but we do expect that one will occur every 2-3 days. Of course this doesn't happen like clockwork sometimes there are more and sometimes less over any particular week.

Well if 'Elenin' happens and you have a 16 day buffer (8 before and 8 after ) then we'd expect somewhere in the area of 5-8 in this period. Now if we look at the average so far those 6 are quite high for 2011. However, we don't know how the rest of the year will play out. Looking at all earthquakes overall 2011 we're fairly average.

T-J 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 0:07:34
#503 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:
No, not even the creation of the world. It is one of previous long cycles which have come before. According a modern day maya shaman: "It is the return of the ancestors. It is the return of the men of wisdom."

No. First, the Long Count is linear, not cyclical. The notion of a "Great Cycle" coming to an end is completely a modern invention, possibly caused by confusion of the Long Count with the 'Calendar Round', that is, the 50-odd year cycle of the Haab and Tzolkin calendars.

The 13th baktun will end and the 14th baktun will start, with no great earthchanging effect. A baktun, by the way, is a period about 400 years long.

The Maya believed that the previous World was destroyed by the gods at the end of its 13th baktun, after failing to produce life. They believed that the gods then created a new world, this one, starting at the 1st baktun which was placed at a conveniently distant past date quite arbitrarily (see the chronology of Cardinal Ussher for a comparable Western example) and working on through. We are now almost at the end of their 13th baktun.

The modern Maya that the wikipedia quotes do not believe anything special will happen at the end of the 13th baktun, so I'm not sure where you're getting your modern shaman from.

Quote:
It marks the end of an era. The beginning of a new age as I stated before.

Stating something over and over again does not make it true. The archaeology combined with the testimony of modern Maya indicates that it marks the ticking over of an arbitrary digit on a calendar. No more a new era than the change from 1999 to 2000 was.

Nimrod 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 7:48:22
#504 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
You misunderstood. Sometimes I use the asterisk instead of bolding.

Sincerest apologies. I was looking at the monitor without wearing my correct glasses and the asterisks looked like double quotes. You do use them quite a lot you know.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 8:15:11
#505 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
The modern Maya that the wikipedia quotes do not believe anything special will happen at the end of the 13th baktun, so I'm not sure where you're getting your modern shaman from.

First you need to understand that with the christian conquest a lot of history and culture was destroyed. Shaman rituels were officially considered satanism by the christians (but at the top level of power I don't think that was really the case).

Here other parts from an interview:

"Anthropologists visit the temple sites and read the inscriptions and make up stories about the Maya, but they do not read the signs correctly. It's just their imagination. Other people write about prophecy in the name of the Maya. They say that the world will end in December 2012. The Mayan elders are angry with this. The world will not end. It will be transformed."

"This process has already begun. Change is accelerating now and it will continue to accelerate."

"We are living in the most important era of the Mayan calendars and prophecies."

"The North and South Poles are both breaking up. The level of the water in the oceans is going to rise"

"This is the time in-between, the time of transition. As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war, and ongoing Earth Changes."

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/2441065-What-the-Mayan-Elders-are-saying-about-2-12

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 11:28:01
#506 ]
Elite Member

Great as always Neil deGrasse Tyson -- "There’s no greater sign of the failure of the American educational system than the extent to which Americans are distracted by the possibility that the Earth might end on December 21st, 2012. It’s a profound absence of awareness of the laws of physics and how nature works. So they’re missing some science classes in their training, in high school, or in college that would empower you to understand and to judge when someone else is basically just full of it. Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 15:02:17
#507 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

"It is worthy of remark that a belief constantly inculcated during the early years of life, whilst the brain is impressible, appears to acquire almost the nature of an instinct; and the very essence of an instinct is that it is followed independently of reason."
—Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man, 1871

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 15:27:22
#508 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@BrianK

Quote:
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

"It is worthy of remark that a belief constantly inculcated during the early years of life, whilst the brain is impressible, appears to acquire almost the nature of an instinct; and the very essence of an instinct is that it is followed independently of reason."
—Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man, 1871
MikeB.. Thanks a very positive quote relating that it is through reason that we overcome the forces of brainwashing.

Did you have the complete quote?
"How so many absurb rules of conduct, as well as so many absurb rules of religious beliefs, originated, we do not know; nor how it is that they become, in all quarters of the world, so deeply pressed in the minds of men, but it is woryt of remark that a belief constantly inculcated during the early years of life, whilst the brain is impressible, appears to acquire almost the nature of an instinct; and the very essence of an instinct is that it is followed independently of reason."

Don't let the doomsayers of supposed accurate Mayan interpetation brainwash you. It's through that veil that we see things as people claiming earthquakes on alignments when no such events occurred.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 15:38:46
#509 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Only thing is I wasn't brought up with ancient Maya believes, I grew up in a society / eductional system with scientific vs christian believes.

According to the Maya believes, I am "guided by free will", maybe this allows me to consider multiple options and don't pre-emptively disregard believes and theories which hold no relationship to my personal background.

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 15:56:35
#510 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Only thing is I wasn't brought up with ancient Maya believes, I grew up in a society / eductional system with scientific vs christian believes.

According to the Maya believes, I am "guided by free will", maybe this allows me to consider multiple options and don't pre-emptively disregard believes and theories which hold no relationship to my personal background.

I don't see anyone here pre-emptively disgregarding Mayan beliefs due to no relationship to our personal background. Instead we see T-J and me (and others) disregarding Mayan beliefs because those beliefs are failing reason.

What you describe you are doing is using 'reason' to reject one religion and instead accept an interpetation by 1 man of what a dead 'religion' said. I'd argue replacing one set of absurb beliefs by another set of absurb beliefs doesn't involve reason. This is why I used quotes around reason. You claim it's involved and it's not. Afterall that's why you call it accepting the Mayan beliefs.

Last edited by BrianK on 21-Apr-2011 at 03:58 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 17:06:00
#511 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
accept an interpetation by 1 man of what a dead 'religion' said

Incorrect, but I am open-minded that he and the many others can be correct.

I have learned neither science nor christianity provides all the answers with regard to the universe and include many errors. The same is usually the case with regard to the many ancient believes. However there are some interesting patterns with regard to ancient believes and historical findings which IMO are worth investigating further.

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 17:38:20
#512 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@BrianK

Quote:
accept an interpetation by 1 man of what a dead 'religion' said

Incorrect, but I am open-minded that he and the many others can be correct.

I have learned neither science nor christianity provides all the answers with regard to the universe and include many errors. The same is usually the case with regard to the many ancient believes. However there are some interesting patterns with regard to ancient believes and historical findings which IMO are worth investigating further.
Science doesn't provide all the answers though it does provide the most reason as it's mutable with evidence.

Religions provide guesses that aren't open as they don't change with evidence, aka immutable. You have exchanged the science (reason) vs christianity (religion) to be science (reason) vs Mayan (religion). Using the full quote you provided one set of absurbities switched for another.

It's fairly amazing that you claim reason to believe the Mayans knew of this massive change that will happen because they somehow have superior knowledge of the universe compared to us. The Mayan literature indicates they were about 4 billion years short on the creation date of the earth and believed the earth was held up by an alligator and colored trees. Their astronomical prowess is far below what you believe to be. Apply some reason.

Last edited by BrianK on 21-Apr-2011 at 11:46 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 18:23:30
#513 ]
Elite Member

The benevolent zeta theory: (Note that I don't per se think there are benevolent zetas if zetas/greys exist, it could just as well be propaganda to suit their own needs)

One thing is striking the depth and details distributed at zetatalk.com is quite remarkable and to a very great extend well motivated / explained. This makes me believe there's no way Nancy is making all these things up all by herself.

Assuming there is truth in the things with regard to Nibiru's passing these are the main events they are claiming which will happen:

Zetatalk claims comet Elenin is an irrelavent comet which will be used by NASA to explain Nibiru's passing (its true traject / speed / distance / etc may thus be faked in-line with Nibiru's actual timing). Based on NASA's estimates:

> 27th of September, ELEnin will be in alignment with sun/earth.

> 17th of October, ELEnin will be at its nearest point to earth and on earth's orbit.

> 2nd of November, Earth will move through ELEnin's orbit at the location ELEnin passed through earth's orbit.

Ahead of Nibiru's passing:
- Earthquakes will get more violent and frequent and occur in places not expecting them. (already in progress).
- Nuclear Reactor Accidents (already happened if it was indeed an accident)
- Many nuclear power plants will be shut down, permanently, during the Earth changes leading into the pole shift. (Seems to be in progress, here in the Netherlands, in our 1 and only nuclear power station smoke was suddenly developing a few days ago, the people/government's support for nuclear power supply is dwindling over here and elsewhere)
- Amongst the big Japanese quakes, the most disastrous one is said to be within the southern part of mainland Japan (more disastrous than the recent massive tsunami/quake).
- After the big Japanese quake, the new Madrid fault-line quake will devastate large parts of the USA.
- Almost simultaneously the North Atlantic Rift tears sending out an enormous tsunami destroying much of Europe and especially the heavily populated lowlands (where I live).
- Continuous plate movement in places.
- Tsunami for US westcoast.
- Increased visibility of Planet X / Nibiru.

I will summerize more of the events later. Source: Zetatalk.com

Last edited by MikeB on 21-Apr-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 21-Apr-2011 at 06:28 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 18:47:37
#514 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Ah, yes, Nancy. I was wondering how long it would take.

Quote:
One thing is striking the depth and details distributed at zetatalk.com is quite remarkable and to a very great extend well motivated / explained. This makes me believe there's no way Nancy is making all these things up all by herself.

One other thing is striking - the depth and details distributed in The Silmarillion is quite remarkable and to a very great extent well explained. This is clearly evidence that Tolkien can't have been making that stuff up all by himself!

Well thought-out, creative and internally consistent works of fiction are still just that - works of fiction.

Quote:
Zetatalk claims comet Elenin is an irrelavent comet which will be used by NASA to explain Nibiru's passing (its true traject / speed / distance / etc may thus be faked in-line with Nibiru's actual timing).
Based on NASA's estimates:
> 27th of September, ELEnin will be in alignment with sun/earth.
> 17th of October, ELEnin will be at its nearest point to earth and on earth's orbit.
> 2nd of November, Earth will move through ELEnin's orbit at the location ELEnin passed through earth's orbit.

I wish you'd stop capitalising the first three letters of 'Elenin'. Its a man's name, for crying out loud.

And as to the content quoted, nothing to be concerned about. As has been explained more times than I should think necessary, Elenin is a perfectly normal benign comet.

Quote:
Ahead of Nibiru's passing:
- Earthquakes will get more violent and frequent and occur in places not expecting them. (already in progress).
- Nuclear Reactor Accidents (already happened if it was indeed an accident)
- Many nuclear power plants will be shut down, permanently, during the Earth changes leading into the pole shift. (Seems to be in progress, here in the Netherlands, in our 1 and only nuclear power station smoke was suddenly developing a few days ago, the people/government's support for nuclear power supply is dwindling over here and elsewhere)
- Amongst the big Japanese quakes, the most disastrous one is said to be within the southern part of mainland Japan (more disastrous than the recent massive tsunami/quake).
- After the big Japanese quake, the new Madrid fault-line quake will devastate large parts of the USA.
- Almost simultaneously the North Atlantic Rift tears sending out an enormous tsunami destroying much of Europe and especially the heavily populated lowlands (where I live).
- Continuous plate movement in places.
- Tsunami for US westcoast.
- Increased visibility of Planet X / Nibiru.

I'm just going to address each of those in order:

- Not true. Earthquakes are not more violent now than they were in the past and have not increased in frequency. There are thousands every year and every year we get one or two that are in the 8+ magnitude range.

- Nuclear reactor accidents? Remember Chernobyl, Three Mile Island and Windscale. All of them happened decades ago now.

- Nonsense. Nuclear reactors are being shut down due to political pressure against nuclear power, not because of changes to the Earth's magnetic field. The changes in the Earth's magnetic field also have no effect on nuclear power.

- Earthquakes are not predictable. If Nancy has evidence that suggests a 9+ magnitude earthquake is about to strike Southern Japan, perhaps she should share it with scientists so it can be evaluated by peer-review and included in the field of seismology if found to be genuine. Could save a lot of lives. Or not.

- See above. Activity on the New Madrid fault is also not closely coupled with activity in Southern Japan, amazingly enough.

- Mid-ocean ridges don't work like that. Read up on plate tectonics.

- Continuous plate movement has been going on for billions of years in *all* places. Plate tectonics again.

- What, just a sudden wall of water with no immediately obvious cause?

- But we've already demonstrated that there is no 'Planet X'. Or 'Nibiru'. There may be an extremely distant 'Tyche', but that's nowhere near Earth and its gravitational impact on us would be negligible, if it exists. Which it might not.

Kronos 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 18:50:50
#515 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:

So there IS hope afterall ??

Lou 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 19:35:49
#516 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB,

The Zetas are not to be trusted as benevolent.
They are a collective and use us as long as we are useful...

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 20:17:48
#517 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
One other thing is striking - the depth and details distributed in The Silmarillion is quite remarkable and to a very great extent well explained
May I throw in that The Silmarillion starts off slow but IMO is one of the most enjoyable of Tolkien's books.

Quote:
I wish you'd stop capitalising the first three letters of 'Elenin'. Its a man's name, for crying out loud.
Really it should all be capitalized as it's a mashup of E.xtinction L.evel E.vent and N.ine I.nch N.ails.

Quote:
Not true. Earthquakes are not more violent now than they were in the past and have not increased in frequency. There are thousands every year and every year we get one or two that are in the 8+ magnitude range.
USGS Statistics for the past decade are showing no noticeable increase in frequency in 2011. The one area of increase appears to be the 6.0 to 6.9 scale. So far there's been 110 for 2011. The average is 159. Assuming, and who knows, if our present rate keeps up we may be 3-4x higher than average. Again that is only compared to the last decade. And certainly the one adjustment I didn't have here is adjusting for the increase of seismetic readers. In 1931 there were 350 stations now we're closer to 8,000. Clearly the area we measure has grown significantly in the last 50 years.

Though an increase does not indicate an event is the cause from outside of the planet. Coorelation is not causation.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 20:51:58
#518 ]
Elite Member

Quote:
Last year we experienced *snow* here in the Netherlands during easter weekend, this year it will be baking hot up to 27 degrees Celsius. That's quite a turnaround.

It will be the hottest easter weekend on record for northern european countries.

MeteoVista forcasts there won't be any real rain the couple of months. In parts of the country is declared code red for forest fires.

MikeB 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 21:06:45
#519 ]
Elite Member

Quote:
Last year we experienced *snow* here in the Netherlands during easter weekend, this year it will be baking hot up to 27 degrees Celsius. That's quite a turnaround.

It will be the hottest easter weekend on record for northern european countries.

It looks like we won't be receiving any rain of significance for the next couple of months...

Code red for forest fires in parts of the Netherlands already (NL is known as a rainy country):

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/9602687/___Nog_maanden_warm_en_droog___.html?p=1,1

Nimrod 
Posted on 21-Apr-2011 21:09:00
#520 ]

@MikeB

Quote:
Quote: Last year we experienced *snow* here in the Netherlands during easter weekend, this year it will be baking hot up to 27 degrees Celsius. That's quite a turnaround. It will be the hottest easter weekend on record for northern european countries. MeteoVista forcasts there won't be any real rain the couple of months. In parts of the country is declared code red for forest fires.

We had weather like this in 1975 and 1976. I think you wandered into the wrong discussion. The global warming thread is next door

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle