Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  7 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  24 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 25 mins ago
 fordprefect:  4 hrs ago
 redfox:  4 hrs ago
 Karlos:  5 hrs 37 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 38 mins ago
 RobertB:  6 hrs 4 mins ago
 kolla:  6 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
MikeB 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 21:08:43
#401 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

For the mayan the end of their long count calendar marks the beginning of a new age.

The mayan believed in the flood "myth" and the distruction of prior civilizations because of this.

Profile     Report this post  
recedent 
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 21:42:33
#402 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Cool, send me your email address so I can send you my double moon video. It involves me dropping my drawers twice. I'll bet mines it more authentic than yours.

Well, the PM is just a click away. I'm particularly curious how many times you need to drop your drawers before seeing "double Sun", or actually believing in it. Don't make me wait too long, remember the world may end soon.

Anyway - till Sept. 28th...

Nimrod 
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 22:09:21
#403 ]

@MikeB

Thanks for the offer.

In order to learn about the Maya, facts from different sources can be read, compared, and cross checked to find a concensus opinion. In the event of multiple theories look for the simplest, most rational explanation.

BrianK 
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 23:17:53
#404 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
With all the adjustments to our imperfectly accepted calendar over the last couple of millenia I don't think 2012 is the correct year.
Dec 2012 is a year and a half away and the doomsayers are already moving the goalposts.

BrianK 
Posted on 17-Apr-2011 23:26:46
#405 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Mysteriously causing tornados while still having no effect on the tides or on satellites?
I've yet to see Mike or Lou try to explain th at.

Certainly there's a question around how predictive the Mayan's power was. Did seemingly didn't predict the year of the end of their civilazation. Else why would they need a calendar that runs until 2012?

My guess is there were a couple of bad Mayans and their punishment was write out the calendar for the next couple of years. It took them each a couple of years to get to 12-21-12 and they were subsequently sent free having served their time. No one needed dates further out as they figured their great great grandchildren could pick up the task.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 2:10:50
#406 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
With all the adjustments to our imperfectly accepted calendar over the last couple of millenia I don't think 2012 is the correct year.
Dec 2012 is a year and a half away and the doomsayers are already moving the goalposts.

I shared this link earlier in the thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMnsLDQATU

I also linked Elenin.org which states:
Quote:
So you sigh in silence, exasperated, wondering yet again as to the link between Elenin’s arrival in September-October 2011 and the Mayan prophesized Armageddon in December 2012. To be as brief as possible, the solar dating system that is the Gregorian calendar that you swear by, inherited a number of flaws in them. The most obvious one would be of the missing day every century, owing to the rounding up of 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45.25 seconds to 3651/4 days in the Julian calendar that was used before the Gregorian one, which by the 16th century, saw to the ‘disappearance’ of 14 days! In addition, Pope Gregory, who authorized the conversion to the Julian calendar in 1582, shifted the calendar by 11 days, which saw the calendar leap from March 4, 1582 to March 15 the next day. In addition, the new calendar is still losing 30 seconds from the solar cycle annually. Add to the fact that the Julian calendar that was adopted by, who else, Julius Caesar in the eight century made a leap of 67 days to sync with the solar cycle, and upon his death, there were confusions with the methodology involved, with the most damaging being the three years leap years (instead of the now common four). Recalculating the Great Cycle in its entirety against the modern calendar, taking into account the faults and adjustments incorporated into it would reveal that the prophesized date would in fact be on October 28, 2011 – within weeks of Elenin’s projected perihelion, and more alarmingly, within 12 days of its forecasted perigee (closest orbital distance to the center of earth).

That page also mentions the HOPI PROPHECY. I wonder if the BP oil spill could be considered the 7th sign:

Quote:
"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

Last edited by Lou on 18-Apr-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Last edited by Lou on 18-Apr-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Last edited by Lou on 18-Apr-2011 at 02:26 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 3:17:09
#407 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Recalculating the Great Cycle in its entirety against the modern calendar, taking into account the faults and adjustments incorporated into it would reveal that the prophesized date would in fact be on October 28, 2011 – within weeks of Elenin’s projected perihelion, and more alarmingly, within 12 days of its forecasted perigee
IMO conspiracists have no frickin' clue when perigee is. I've read the stuff and there's dates all over Sept and Oct. I have better accuracy shooting darts drunk than this lot. Guess enough and they're bound to get one right.

I view the most consistent as 9/11/11. Which somehow relates to NYC a decade ago? Here's one example Oh and this one indicates a pole shift on 3/15/11. Damnable Elenin the Brown Dwarf must be the Dwarf Sleepy as it appears to have slept through the date and missed the pole shift that it was supposed to cause.

Quote:
That page also mentions the HOPI PROPHECY. I wonder if the BP oil spill could be considered the 7th sign:
I love following other pages for the Elenin cultists. They indicate the 8th sign is already fulfilled, aka 60s hippie movement. And that now BP fulfilled the 7th sign. Oh I got it the signs are in order except when they are not. Now I agree rationality is not their strong suit but come on here.

Last edited by BrianK on 18-Apr-2011 at 03:28 AM.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 7:34:53
#408 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Most seem to think the transit towards the new age begins this year instead of in 2012. But there will be warning signs beforehand.

One could of course already look at the Japanese earthquake as one of the signs, it affected the earth's spin and the recent shift in axis would qualify as such.

The effects of every passing can well be different. You want an exact date, maybe this cannot be provided without the best technology available to for example NASA,

Last edited by MikeB on 18-Apr-2011 at 07:35 AM.

T-J 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 11:09:36
#409 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
I shared this link earlier in the thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtMnsLDQATU

To quote from the video's description:

Quote:
Leonard Nimoy, spock from star trek, who is never wrong by the way...

tells us that mayans quote "calculated an end date of DECEMBER 24, 2011" !!!

@ 1min 2 sec he mentions the NEW WORLD ORDER!

Nice appeal to authority there. Pity Leonard Nimoy isn't actually the Starship Enterprise's resident omnidisciplinary scientist. He's an actor, Jim. And Star Trek is fiction. I know, its difficult to tell, especially given the very convincing special effects and all.

Quite apart from that, how old is that video? 34 years? You do realise that in that time, the archaeology on the Maya civilisation has moved on, don't you? We believe the end of a cycle would be an excuse for the Maya to party like its 1999, but there is no evidence that they thought the world was going to end. Once this cycle ends, another starts. The hint is in the term 'cycle', really.

But here's the real killer:

Maya inscriptions reference future predicted events or commemorations that would occur on dates after 2012. So, beyond the completion of the 13th b'ak'tun of the current era. This would indicate that they expected there to still be a world during the 14th b'ak'tun, would it not?

Most of these are in the form of "distance dates" where some Long Count date is given, together with a Distance Number that is to be added to the Long Count date to arrive at this future date.

For example, on the west panel at the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, a section of the text projects into the future to the 80th Calendar Round 'anniversary' of the famous Palenque ruler K'inich Janaab' Pakal's accession to the throne. This occurred at Long Count 9.9.2.4.8, on the Calendar Round day 5 Lamat 1 Mol (dates on the other Maya calendar used for mundane events and farming), which is 27 July 615 on the Gregorian calendar. It does this by commencing with Pakal's birthdate 9.8.9.13.0 (24 March 603 Gregorian) and adding to it the Distance Number 10.11.10.5.8. This calculation arrives at the 80th Calendar Round since Pakal ascended the throne, a day that also has a Calendar Round date of 5 Lamat 1 Mol. This date was about 4000 years into the future when the inscription was made and is still about 2700 years away now, the 21 October in the year 4772.

T-J 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 11:14:29
#410 ]
Cult Member

@BrianK

Quote:
love following other pages for the Elenin cultists. They indicate the 8th sign is already fulfilled, aka 60s hippie movement. And that now BP fulfilled the 7th sign. Oh I got it the signs are in order except when they are not. Now I agree rationality is not their strong suit but come on here.

Well, if they're going to bin the whole of astronomy, archaeology and geology to get their favourite conspiracy through, why not ditch linear time and the concept of causality as well?

We mustn't let silly little facts get in the way of the story.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 12:15:12
#411 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Most seem to think the transit towards the new age begins this year instead of in 2012. But there will be warning signs beforehand.
'Transit' means to travel. We're always travelling forward. So wouldn't the transit towards the new age began back when the planet was created and started traveling?

If you note the date was in a quote. That quote was in a link that Lou posted. I expressed that these dates seem to be guesses as various Elenin doomsayers are all over the chart on when the actual date of doom is. So Eleninphobics get together and pick the actual date we should be watching... Sometime 'Sept -Oct' or 'perhaps in or after 2012' is well useless.

Quote:
One could of course already look at the Japanese earthquake as one of the signs
Yer didn't do your math homework now did you? You've acheived a failing grade.

Quote:
You want an exact date, maybe this cannot be provided without the best technology available to for example NASA,
But didn't the Mayans tell us everything of this impending doom? They now forgot the date of the important perigee which is the start of the doom? ... Look this is the Cult of Elenin's charge we're simply trying to undstand it. Consistency of understanding is one noteable trait to a useful and accurate prediction.

Again -- Nostradomus has predicted a many things, or some claim. The problem here is hindsight is always 20/20. People say Nostradomus predicted X but they always say it after the event has transpired. Fairly useless prognosticator if we can't use his prognostication.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Last edited by BrianK on 18-Apr-2011 at 12:18 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 12:16:34
#412 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Well, if they're going to bin the whole of astronomy, archaeology and geology to get their favourite conspiracy through, why not ditch linear time and the concept of causality as well?
I notice they've yet to bin Physics to the conspiracy. Oh yeah if they did that they'd realize the snakeoil they're selling.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 12:56:08
#413 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
But didn't the Mayans tell us everything of this impending doom? They now forgot the date of the important perigee which is the start of the doom?

They did not have similar technology as we have today.

But if Nibiru exists its most likely most recent passage was around 1580-1640 BC. During the time of the great Thera erruption, the time of the ten plaques of egypt myth, potentially to have caused mass animal deaths, polluted drinking water, earthquakes, tsunami, severe weather changes and diseases in Egypt. The 3 days of darkness could have been a temporary stop of the earth's rotation, a solar eclipse or thick smoke covering the sky.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 14:02:00
#414 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Russian footage of an alledged Zeta which died from a recent accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwWWjqA8kIk

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 14:26:45
#415 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
But if Nibiru exists its most likely most recent passage was around 1580-1640 BC.
A guess of 60 years? This speaks to the inconsitency in dates with the Elenin crowd. Others post 25BC w/ an Egyptian sighting of a bright event. And yet others say 12-1BC, aka Star of Bethlehem, announcing the Christ Child.

Quote:
3 days of darkness could have been a temporary stop of the earth's rotation, a solar eclipse or thick smoke covering the sky.
The temporary stop of the earth's rotation fails immediately. The earth rotates around 1650 Km/hr. If there was a stop we wouldn't be here to talk about it.

Thick smoke -- now if you're tracking a volcanic eruption of Thera it may have been big enough to cause such an event in Egypt along with the 'plagues'. Of course there have been as big if not bigger eruptions since, Tambora causing 'a year without summer' comes to mind.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 14:56:50
#416 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
A guess of 60 years?

That's the best estimate our modern day scientists can provide us with for the Thera erruption. It was a time of great destruction, in Peru there was a massive earthquake within this period destroying the Supe Valley and around this time the sahara was dramatically turning into desert.

Quote:
The earth rotates around 1650 Km/hr. If there was a stop we wouldn't be here to talk about it.

You probably wouldn't notice much if anything at all in terms of force if rotation gradually halts within a 10 hour timespan.

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 15:08:01
#417 ]

@BrianK

Now that we're talking about volcanoes, I'm surprised that the nibiru theorists haven't claimed this one yet. After all it has been claimed before

I especially liked this quote from the article
Quote:
March 23, 2004 7PM CST special emergency update ... word just came in from a private contact that there will be a major news announcement tonight regarding Yellowstone National Park ... to be released by one of the major networks ... initial UNCONFIRMED reports indicate that the volcanic bubble under Yellowstone's basin has raised over 100 feet in the past day and there are indications it is ready to blow ... i repeat these are UNCONFIRMED reports that have come to me through what i consider reliable sources and therefore am posting so you can watch for the official announcement ... if this is true then it is clear this has been known about for some time and the USGS page is as we have said a total misinformation site about the seriousness of Yellowstone and the evacuation preparations that should have been underway LONG ago ... jim mccanney

I'm surprised that you don't remember this, although being destroyed can affect the memory a little bit, or did USGS just cover it up?

@MikeB

Quote:
the time of the ten plaques of egypt

Would they be the fancy bronze commemorative plaques with the fancy scrollwork?

Last edited by Nimrod on 18-Apr-2011 at 03:22 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 15:19:43
#418 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Also around 1600BC China's first dynasty (Xia) collapsed alledgedly during a volcanic winter. Note the asian royal seal in the OP.

Approximately dated to 1618 BCE, the alledged destruction was accompanied by "'yellow fog, a dim sun, then three suns, frost in July, famine, and the withering of all five cereals. (Source: Bamboo Annals)

The Chinese dragon refers to such events. In the book of Mozi it is also spoken of "blood rain" which is similar as the claims for Egypt (the river Nile turning into blood). => Red dust in water.

Last edited by MikeB on 18-Apr-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 18-Apr-2011 at 03:29 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 15:50:18
#419 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
That's the best estimate our modern day scientists can provide us with for the Thera erruption. It was a time of great destruction, in Peru there was a massive earthquake within this period destroying the Supe Valley and around this time the sahara was dramatically turning into desert.
Great but what you don't seem to understand is such events are likely to occur due to our planet itself. There is no need to claim an unknown force is the cause. This especially fails when we don't have a solid date for the event nor for the unknown force's influence. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" -- Elenin failing here in spades.

Quote:
Quote:
The earth rotates around 1650 Km/hr. If there was a stop we wouldn't be here to talk about it.
You probably wouldn't notice much if anything at all in terms of force if rotation gradually halts within a 10 hour timespan.
The atmosphere isn't tied to anything. It would still spin and likely blow fairly fast. 160Km/hr straightline winds are fairly damaging. Imagine something that approaches 1000 Km/hr. Also 1/2 the earth would be in sunlight and the other half darkness. The temperature gradient changes would exist. And certainly someone would view the moon for all 3 days. 'Wouldn't notice much?' -- This statement shows a lack of understanding of physics.

And for China - interesting sounds to me like a volcanic event. Again it's a strech to claim a naturally occuring volcano was suddenly influenced do an extra-earth event.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-Apr-2011 16:01:57
#420 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
The atmosphere isn't tied to anything. It would still spin and likely blow fairly fast.

Yes, massive storms should be expected in such an event, but may not be directly linked by humans at the time to a temporary rotation stoppage.

The length of days after such an event (I mean after passage) may also need to be recalibrated (days may last longer/shorter).

Last edited by MikeB on 18-Apr-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Last edited by MikeB on 18-Apr-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle