Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 104 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  24 mins ago
 billt:  50 mins ago
 QBit:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Swisso:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 AndreasM:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 17 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
Nimrod 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 8:07:45
#261 ]

@T-J

Quote:
In short, nothing more remarkable than when the Julian Calendar 'ticked over' from 999 to 1000, or when our modern Gregorian Calendar went from 1999 to 2000. Although, as I recall both of those were accompanied by a number of predictions of the end of the world as well.

Ah yes. I remember it well. Especially in 1001 when all the people who had given all of their property to the church in order to buy a place at the head of the queue of "the saved". Did they ever look silly when the church refused to return all of the "gifts"

@MikeB
Great thread, though some of the fun has gone out of it now that we can't keep it up on the front page.

@zerohero
Spoilsport!

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 12:12:26
#262 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Next you'll tell me flying saucers don't exist...

There ain't no difference between a flying saucer and a time machine. People get so hung up on specifics they miss seeing the whole thing. Take South America for example. In South America thousands of people go missing every year. Nobody knows where they go. They just like disappear. But, if you think about it for a minute you realize something. There had to be a time where there was no people. So where'd all these people come from. I'll tell you where - the future! Where'd all these people disappear to? The past. How'd they get there? Flying saucers. Which are really, yeah you go it, time machines.

Last edited by BrianK on 12-Apr-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 12:19:15
#263 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

There ain't no difference between a flying saucer and a time machine. People get so hung up on specifics they miss seeing the whole thing. Take South America for example. In South America thousands of people go missing every year. Nobody knows where they go. They just like disappear. But, if you think about it for a minute you realize something. There had to be a time where there was no people. So where'd all these people come from. I'll tell you where - the future! Where'd all these people disappear to? The past. How'd they get there? Flying saucers. Which are really, yeah you go it, time machines.

Somehow I think you missed the importance of that document...

BrianK 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 14:25:58
#264 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Circular wing craft research started in Russia about the same time the Nazi rocket programs. In the USA in the 40s. So certainly flying saucers are known to exist.

Kronos 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 15:06:55
#265 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

Yeah, it prooves that someone at the FBI has a weird sense of humor

Lou 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 16:01:23
#266 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Quote:

Kronos wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

Yeah, it prooves that someone at the FBI has a weird sense of humor

Or that you like to keep kidding yourselves...

Kronos 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 17:00:34
#267 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

So what is it ?

a) the FBI has no problem admitting that the have UFOs and release exactly 1 obscure page on it

b) the FBI wants to keep UFOs secret and release 1 obscure page on it

Doesn't make sense.

c) someone (not the FBI) made that page up to make people believe in UFOs

d) someone (FBI or not FBI) made that page up to have a good laugh at the expense of the UFOnuts

Lou 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 17:53:34
#268 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

Reality is a tough pill to swallow, isn't it?

Nimrod 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 18:06:17
#269 ]

@Lou

Impressive evidence.

One report.
Written by somebody who wasn't there.
Saying that somebody told him about some aliens.

This is what is called hearsay.
Even Judge Judy would laugh this one out of court.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 18:40:32
#270 ]
Elite Member

What's amazing is that even in the fact of credible evidence, people still refuse to accept certain things.

Considering what is happening in the world today, how many co-incidences in a row does it take?

I understand that Roswell 1947 is a tough pill to swallow. However, once you do, then everything else is plausible. That's what scares you.

I swallowed that pill in 1990 when I was 100 feet below a ufo in the company of three other people who also saw it.

You can choose to live in denial. That's fine. Just don't come here and chastise people who choose to accept all the possibilities that make up reality.

BrianK 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 22:55:07
#271 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

I believe there to be life elsewhere in the universe.

Do I believe that aliens so are bored, so uttterly and completely bored, that they find entertainment in traveling millions of light years to squash corn fields? No.

recedent 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 23:23:42
#272 ]

@Lou

Oh come on, "U" in "UFO" stands for "unidentified", right? The fact neither you or any of your companions could identify the flying object you saw doesn't make it extraterrestial, does it?

And yes, I've once seen something I could label as UFO. Looked like a damn low-flying F117 with small orange lights at the edges of "wings", made no sound and passed above us so quickly that I would be the only person to notice it (I was the only one that looked up). That said, I don't believe there were Annuaki or Zetas swarming inside.

Lou 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 23:43:06
#273 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Do I believe that aliens so are bored, so uttterly and completely bored, that they find entertainment in traveling millions of light years to squash corn fields? No.

I never mentioned cornfields...

Lou 
Posted on 12-Apr-2011 23:53:33
#274 ]
Elite Member

@recedent

Quote:

recedent wrote:
@Lou

Oh come on, "U" in "UFO" stands for "unidentified", right? The fact neither you or any of your companions could identify the flying object you saw doesn't make it extraterrestial, does it?

And yes, I've once seen something I could label as UFO. Looked like a damn low-flying F117 with small orange lights at the edges of "wings", made no sound and passed above us so quickly that I would be the only person to notice it (I was the only one that looked up). That said, I don't believe there were Annuaki or Zetas swarming inside.

What I saw was a perfect equilatteral triangle with a dome in the dead lower center that illuminated to expose the perfectly solid lower surface.

Not this:

and not this:

This is typical, people who choose not to believe simply make up excuses as to what it is as if the person who actually saw it is an idiot.

There were more circumstances. One of my friends was mentally told to look up and tell us to look up. And sure as poop there it was. But yes, make up an excuse for that. It's what the blind do.

Last edited by Lou on 12-Apr-2011 at 11:59 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Apr-2011 1:22:14
#275 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:

BrianK wrote:

I never mentioned cornfields...

Unidentified flying objects are just that, unidentified. Claiming LGM makes these objects not unidentified.

Remember that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The 'evidence' part fails greatly when it comes to the existence of LGM. In fact the evidence we have does indicate a conspiracy... The US government pressed stories of aliens to cover up it's own research activities in WWII, is one such good example.

Last edited by BrianK on 13-Apr-2011 at 01:24 AM.

T-J 
Posted on 13-Apr-2011 1:22:32
#276 ]
Cult Member

@BrianK

Quote:
I believe there to be life elsewhere in the universe. Do I believe that aliens so are bored, so uttterly and completely bored, that they find entertainment in traveling millions of light years to squash corn fields? No.

I'm with you on both points. I find it unbelievable in the extreme that these aliens would invest the huge resources needed to cross the interstellar distances and so on, only to then choose to make themselves known only to people who are never going to be believed. Unless, as in the Hitchhiker's Guide, they do this merely as a kind of prank.

The British Ministry of Defence recently closed its UFO department (one desk officer and a budget of £40,000 per annum, apparently) and released all the documents online. It was very interesting to read just how many UFOs were reported by people who live near airports or airbases walking home from the pub after having perhaps a few too many.

One particularly humorous case was so confusing that a car was sent out to the reporter's location, only to find that the concerned citizen in question was in fact looking at the moon.

Now of course it might be that the aliens choose to fly around exclusively over New Mexico. But I think it unlikely, especially when one considers that New Mexico is home to a number of airbases and flight testing facilities where experimental aircraft are only to be expected.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Apr-2011 4:42:26
#277 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Thanks. If you haven't heard it yet... Tim Minchin: Storm

recedent 
Posted on 13-Apr-2011 6:31:01
#278 ]

@Lou

Quote:
This is typical, people who choose not to believe simply make up excuses as to what it is as if the person who actually saw it is an idiot.

If you like to call yourself names, then be it. I'm not labelling anyone as idiot, just saying I don't believe in extraterrestial origin of UFO's, period. The aircraft I saw surely wasn't a F117, but it resembled it a bit.

BrianK 
Posted on 13-Apr-2011 12:54:18
#279 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

I had presented that we have two observations of 1 event. 1 small set of people saw 2 suns. 1 much larger set of people and devices saw 1 sun. What makes you choose that 2 suns are the reality?

Lou 
Posted on 13-Apr-2011 14:24:18
#280 ]
Elite Member

@recedent

Quote:

recedent wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

If you like to call yourself names, then be it. I'm not labelling anyone as idiot, just saying I don't believe in extraterrestial origin of UFO's, period. The aircraft I saw surely wasn't a F117, but it resembled it a bit.

"as if" was key there. What do you call people who come up with ideas contrary to what is observed. Hence if 4 people saw a dog crossing a road and tell a 5th person, who then says it's a cat. That's how people telling me I saw something other than what I saw actually look like to me.

Secondly, how do you explain the telepathy? Oh that's right, ignore details that you can't explain. That always helps when being a skeptic. I think it's the 1st rule actually.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle