Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 137 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RobertB:  21 mins ago
 Gunnar:  32 mins ago
 OlafS25:  40 mins ago
 pixie:  41 mins ago
 Rob:  55 mins ago
 blmara:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 miggymac:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 31 mins ago
 DWolfman:  4 hrs 41 mins ago
 cncparts:  6 hrs 14 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
Poll : What do you think?
Plain simple paranoid BS
Interesting reading, still BS
Largely BS as Nibiru isn't nearby at this point
I'm open minded, could be true... But I'm sceptical
I think there's much truth in this
I'm convinced Nibiru/Planet X is looming nearby
Interesting gotta do some research

PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: [Poll] Nibiru: What if?
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 0:49:25
#121 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) are space rocks larger than approximately 100m that can come closer to Earth than 0.05 AU.

According to SpaceWeather.com there were 306 such objects found for 2002. Now there are 1214 found objects fitting this description and a few new ones have just been added.
What I don't see here is these numbers equalized for variabilities in the system. Are there more telescopes in 2011 than 2002? Is the quality of the telescopes higher? Has the quality of the observers improved? Has the number of observers changed? Has the man hours devoted to PHA discoveries changed?

The next question is after the variables are controlled for how do you know 306 wasn't low and 1214 is more normal? And certainly our solar system travels through the plane of our galaxy. There's work that indicates the closer we get to the plane of the galaxy the more the astroids and meteroids increase and the more strikes the planet has. If memory serves we're getting closer to he middle plane of the galaxy.

Profile     Report this post  
MikeB 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 8:47:07
#122 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Has the man hours devoted to PHA discoveries changed?

Maybe due to fears of Global Warming?

"University of Michigan scientists have claimed that global warming causes an increased risk of asteroids striking the Earth"

"As the atmosphere warms, it expands outward, potentially capturing large asteroids that would have otherwise been a near-miss. It seems that the dangers from global warming just keep mounting up…like the national debt."

http://www.ecoenquirer.com/global-warming-asteroid.htm

On the other hand they must be very relieved by this news then...

Record Collapse of Earth's Upper Atmosphere Puzzles Scientists

"An upper layer of Earth's atmosphere recently collapsed in an unexpectedly large contraction, the sheer size of which has scientists scratching their heads, NASA announced Thursday."

http://www.space.com/8770-record-collapse-earth-upper-atmosphere-puzzles-scientists.html

Last edited by MikeB on 07-Apr-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Last edited by MikeB on 07-Apr-2011 at 08:47 AM.

olegil 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 9:47:28
#123 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Photoshopping is cool, but not really useful as evidence of anything.

Example:
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/outreach/mastodon/aerial-views.html

That's 39 seconds into your video. I'm absolutely certain the rest of them can be debunked (rather than explained) the same way.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 11:20:57
#124 ]
Elite Member

@olegil

Quote:

olegil wrote:
@Lou

Example:

That's 39 seconds into your video. I'm absolutely certain the rest of them can be debunked (rather than explained) the same way.

What about the "grey"-like skull? I've seen that one handled on an episode of "Is It Real?" and it is indeed real and has DNA. My brother did tell me that one of those was photoshopped but not all. All it takes is for 1 to be legit to prove existence of such things.

Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 11:21 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 14:36:41
#125 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:

Example:

What about the "grey"-like skull? I've seen that one handled on an episode of "Is It Real?" and it is indeed real and has DNA. My brother did tell me that one of those was photoshopped but not all. All it takes is for 1 to be legit to prove existence of such things.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan. Which I'll throw in that "Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan should be a required reading of every High Schooler. It's got a few flaws but netted it's an easy read and good primer on scientific thought.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 14:52:39
#126 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan. Which I'll throw in that "Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan should be a required reading of every High Schooler. It's got a few flaws but netted it's an easy read and good primer on scientific thought.

The grey (alien hybrid) skull had it's DNA scanned on the program and determined the mother was human. You can watch it on Netflix. They couldn't determine the father.

Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 02:53 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 15:16:37
#127 ]
Elite Member

Quote:
What an expert has to say about the recent massive Japanese earthquake:

Quote:
"Nobody could tell the reasons about this strange phenomenon, " a prominent Japanese geophysicist Professor Michio Hashizume, who is lecturer of Chulalongkorn Univesity's Department of Geology.

His finding was presented at the round table discussion entitled " The new finding from recent earthquake in Japan and concerning related with Thai society" organized Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Science.

He said he was surprised by this earthquake by the size of the area of fault. It was between 400 kilometers and 100 kilometers wide.

Quote:
These series of quakes are not the aftershocks. So far,nobody could explain how these small quakes linked with the earthquake in Sendai," Machio said.

The small quakes with between 5 magnitude to 7 magnitude had occurred in different areas in Japan. The quakes did not occur in the proper areas that aftershock should occur. The aftershocks should occur within 100 kilometers from the epicenter of the earthquake.

"This was very strange. Everybody is now being headache," he said

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Scientists-puzzled-by-earthquakes-30150887.html

Japan is again hit by big earthquake (reported as a 7.4) today. The media is calling it an aftershock despite experts would not qualify it as such.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42473172/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

The same goes for the smaller earthquake in christchurch, there is no pattern to clasify the behaviour of these quakes as aftershocks.

Regarding the christchurch quakes:

Quote:
GNS Science seismologist Matthew Gerstenberger said the aftershock sequence did not indicate what would happen next.

Quote:
Without a doubt the first day [after February 22] was very active, but it settled down really quickly after that, much more quickly than we would have expected given the activity in that first day. But now this week it has been higher than the average of aftershocks we would expect.

Christchurch earthquake aftershocks puzzle scientists
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4760345/Christchurch-earthquake-aftershocks-puzzle-scientists

Last edited by MikeB on 07-Apr-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Niolator 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 15:33:17
#128 ]

@Lou

You are preaching to the quire here. I am very interested in the UFO subject and follow it with interest. I am more of a believer than sceptic but I have turned more sceptic the latest decade. Today's UFO research have taken a seriously wrong turn though. They are trying to explain everything by saying it is created in the minds of the witnesses. Talk about degrading people.

I am an extreme sceptic when it comes to New Age hoaxes and I count Niburu as one of those. This kind of sh*t is why most serious scientist wouldn't touch the UFO question with a wrench. This is just made up by people who wants to make money on people who want to believe in something. Much like the church has been doing for millennia.

You mention it being behind the Sun. Now that we have satellites on the far side of the Sun. How come they haven´t noticed it?

"Diffuse atmosphere"? If it had any atmosphere at all it could be easily detected at Kupier Belt distances by any country, even Europe which has a law that says they can´t hide anything from the public. If they did they could be in serious trouble.

edit: Typos

Last edited by Niolator on 07-Apr-2011 at 03:35 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 15:46:03
#129 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:

BrianK wrote:

The grey (alien hybrid) skull had it's DNA scanned on the program and determined the mother was human. You can watch it on Netflix. They couldn't determine the father.
When DNA is used one must have a control to compare the sample to. If the sample doesn't match the control the answer is there is not a match. Now this can occur for many reasons. Errors in testing procedures and contamination of the sample are some of the more common errors. The conclusion is 'we don't know'. However, suddenly claiming the 'unknown' is somehow 'known' because you can assign it to a grey alien is poor handling. Why does it have to be a grey alien? Couldn't it just as likely be a Chupacraba or Sasquash? Afterall we don't have their DNA either. Based on this test the correct answer is the result was inconclusive.

@MikeB
Quote:
Japan is again hit by big earthquake (reported as a 7.4) today. The media is calling it an aftershock despite experts would not qualify it as such
The world has roughly 35 earthquakes a day that people can feel the effects of (2.0 or greater). So an earthquake happening isn't at all unremarkable.

Quote:
Christchurch earthquake aftershocks puzzle scientists
This isn't that surprising. The science behind earthquakes along with the when next is still a field under research. Since the final answers weren't known before the Japanese earthquake we would expect some puzzlement. And what happens is this event provides more data which scientists can study and hope to improve our understanding of the world.

It's more then silly to say 'scientists don't know' therefore it's Nibru. Don't confuse the unexplained with the unexplainable.

T-J 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 15:59:31
#130 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Are you paying any attention? We've already mentioned Michio Hashizume. I told you:

Quote:
What Michio Hashizume is saying is that there is the possibility that the Magnitude 9.0 earthquake at Sendai has triggered slip along separate faults elsewhere in Japan, leading to an unusual pattern of 'aftershock' that includes both normal aftershock and the activation of nearby faults.

Which is all quite normal.

Christchurch is a similar sort of thing. The big earthquake happened along a previously unknown fault which is part of the complex fault system of that area. Aftershock from the big earthquake is mixed up with smaller quakes happening along the other faults, themselves set off by the big one. This makes for a very complex pattern that is difficult to predict.

@Lou

Ooparts do not exist - there are only a handful of examples where someone has got their geochronology wrong. All of these have been thoroughly debunked.

And it looks like I don't need to explain 'giant skeletons', because it seems your photos have already been debunked. All I can add to that is to point out that your 'grey skull' is simply the result of artificial cranial deformation, a well-documented practice of certain indigenous South American cultures. Archaeologists and anthropologists suggest this was probably done to indicate group affiliation and status within groups.

But one thing is certain - these skulls are human. We can even see certain indigenous cultures still practicing such cranial modifications today.

Last edited by T-J on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:00 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 16:02:43
#131 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

Quote:
New Age hoaxes and I count Niburu as one of those

Nibiru (thousands of years BC) / Wormwood (Abrahamic religions, Book of Revelations) / Planet X (around 1900) / Nemesis (80s) should not be considered "new age".

Scientists are taking this subject serious for sure. It's only claimed it hasn't been found (yet).

Last edited by MikeB on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 16:04:45
#132 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

It was found in '83 if you recall.

You also don't address the video proof of 'two suns' by multiple people in multiple locations around the world... ... ofcourse conveniently neither does resident skeptic T-J.

fyi, nowadays all satellite photos are screened and photoshopped as necessary. We never get all the images. Only what's released to the public.

What do you think of American heroes declaring the truth like this:
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_lear/02files/Gordon_Cooper_Disclosure.html

Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:28 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 16:06:27
#133 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
It's more then silly to say 'scientists don't know' therefore it's Nibru.

Did I say that? I think not. But as with the intention of this thread I'm keeping an open mind and explain why some may think this may indeed be related.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 16:11:30
#134 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Ooparts do not exist - there are only a handful of examples where someone has got their geochronology wrong. All of these have been thoroughly debunked.

And it looks like I don't need to explain 'giant skeletons', because it seems your photos have already been debunked. All I can add to that is to point out that your 'grey skull' is simply the result of artificial cranial deformation, a well-documented practice of certain indigenous South American cultures. Archaeologists and anthropologists suggest this was probably done to indicate group affiliation and status within groups.

But one thing is certain - these skulls are human. We can even see certain indigenous cultures still practicing such cranial modifications today.

LOL! You are amazing. Your simple answer to everything is "deny". The Bagdhad battery exists. The model plane in the tomb exists, these things were reported in papers when they were first discovered. What's interesting about the model plane is that it was found in the 1800's before people even knew what a plane was.

As for the skull, once again your answer is to deny when if you watch the "IS IT REAL?" episode you'll see that it's not a product of any such thing just by examining the eye sockets. But why watch the episode on Netflix, it's easier to live in your world of denial. According to your 'scientific' explanation, primitive cultures are now advanced plastic surgeons. Who's living in the fantasy world here?

Stay in your little box, you'll feel safe there.

Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:13 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 16:17:51
#135 ]
Elite Member

An interesting riddle poem from Nostradamus:

"During the appearance of
The Bearded Star, the three
great princes will be made
enemies. The shaky peace on
earth will be struck by fire
from the skies. Po, The
winding Tiber, a serpent placed
on the shore." C2 Q4

MABUS will soon die,
Then will come a horrible
slaughter of people and animals
At once vengance revealed coming
from a hundred hands
"Thirst and Famine when
The Comet shall pass
C2 Q72

"After a great misery for
mankind, an ever greater approaches
The great cycle of the centuries
renewed, it will rain blood, milk,
famine, war disease
In the sky will be seen a great fire
dragging a trail of sparks."
C2 Q 46

Maybe Nostradamus performed some ancient shaman rituels to be able to use his third eye to talk to other dimensional beings under influence of DMT. It's said to be very spiritual experience, a life changing experience, but most stuff is quickly forgotten afterwards.

T-J 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 16:31:44
#136 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
LOL! You are amazing. Your simple answer to everything is "deny". The Bagdhad battery exists. The model plane in the tomb exists, these things were reported in papers when they were first discovered.

The joke's on you mate. The 'Baghdad Battery' has a bitumen seal completely covering its copper cylinder. Bitumen does not conduct electricity. It would require a modification of the design to achieve any kind of current.

MythBusters did make the necessary modifications, though. They built ten of their modified version and managed to generate a staggering 4 volts using all ten connected in series. Hardly the basis for anything significant. Just enough for pain relief by electrified acupuncture, according to the MythBusters.

The 'battery' does resemble one other type of artefact, though. Storage cylinders for scrolls, which were often sealed with bitumen. Since it is claimed that the 'battery' was exposed to the elements, it would not be at all surprising if any papyrus or parchment inside had completely rotted away, perhaps leaving a trace of slightly acidic organic residue.

Now, for this 'model plane in a tomb'. I presume you are referring to the 'Saqqara Bird', though. A carved falcon. A *bird*. Now, I know its very difficult, but birds and planes are actually two different types of thing.

Quote:
As for the skull, once again your answer is to deny when if you watch the "IS IT REAL?" episode you'll see that it's not a product of any such thing just by examining the eye sockets. But why watch the episode on Netflix, it's easier to live in your world of denial.

One episode of a television show dedicated to repackaging paranoid BS, and you've got all the world's answers. Fantastic, isn't it?

Once again *your* answer is to cling like a limpet to the opinions of discredited cranks. If you actually poked your nose outside that circle and read some scientific literature, you'd see that all this paranormal BS has rational explanations that make sense and can be tested mathematically and through continued observation.

But why bother, its easier to live in your world of magic and fantasy.

Quote:
According to your 'scientific' explanation, primitive cultures are now advanced plastic surgeons. Who's living in the fantasy world here? Stay in your little box, you'll feel safe there.

Advanced plastic surgeons? Pure nonsense. Pacific Islanders conduct the same type of body modifications with the exact same methodology today without any advanced plastic surgery at all.

My evidence includes confirmed, repeatable ethnographic observations of modern societies combined with recovered skulls that show the exact same types of body modification. What's your evidence? Some confused mumblings about eye sockets?

Last edited by T-J on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 07-Apr-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 17:08:29
#137 ]

@Lou

Quote:
You also don't address the video proof of 'two suns' by multiple people in multiple locations around the world

Just in case you missed it before, I'll see your two suns and raise. The explanation is included with the link

Accessing Sitchins site gives masses of adverts to buy his books, accessing sitchiniswrong.com gives peer reviewed studies of his source material and explanations of why Sitchin is wrong

Body mutilation by binding etc is (was) commonplace (Ref foot binding, giraffe necked women and of course skull binding)

Beleive me we can do a lot of wierd and wonderful things all by ourselves without having to resort to alien intervention for help.

@MikeB
If I remember correctly these quatrains were quoted as evidence that the world would come to an end in January 1997 when the Hale-Bopp comet passed by.
I seem to be still here! Did I miss something?

Edit: Links added for reference

Last edited by Nimrod on 07-Apr-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Last edited by Nimrod on 07-Apr-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Last edited by Nimrod on 07-Apr-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 17:45:32
#138 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Advanced plastic surgeons? Pure nonsense. Pacific Islanders conduct the same type of body modifications with the exact same methodology today without any advanced plastic surgery at all.

My evidence includes confirmed, repeatable ethnographic observations of modern societies combined with recovered skulls that show the exact same types of body modification. What's your evidence? Some confused mumblings about eye sockets?

The show specializes in debunking. Show how hard you are even trying. They came up inconclusinve on the skull.
All I read is your words of denial, not proof. I've directed you to video proof, you haven't even produced pics of your skull modifications that match the skull in question.

FYI, birds don't have straight wings mounted across the top and a vertical tale.

And this?

Not to mention the chain in coal...

Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 07-Apr-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 17:53:40
#139 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
You also don't address the video proof of 'two suns' by multiple people in multiple locations around the world

Just in case you missed it before, I'll see your two suns and raise. The explanation is included with the link

That picture looks nothing like what was videod in the links I provided. Try harder.

Quote:
Accessing Sitchins site gives masses of adverts to buy his books, accessing sitchiniswrong.com gives peer reviewed studies of his source material and explanations of why Sitchin is wrong

Isn't that what happens when you become an author? BTW, he died last year.

Quote:
Body mutilation by binding etc is (was) commonplace (Ref chinese foot binding, giraffe necked women and of course skull binding)

Beleive me we can do a lot of wierd and wonderful things all by ourselves without having to resort to alien intervention for help.

Apples and oranges. You can't tell me that cracking a skull would produce the symetry in question. There were no signs of damage to the skull, fyi.

MikeB 
Posted on 7-Apr-2011 17:59:17
#140 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

We don't know which 'bearded star' Nostradamus would be referring to. It does show how such believes are deeply interwoven into human history and believes. Thus should IMO be carefully examined.

Scientists are taking it seriously as you can read even on mainstream media such as CNN:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/scientists-telescope-hunt-massive-hidden-object-in-space/?npt=NP1

Here they refer to it as Tyche:

"Tyche was first hypothesized in 1984 as Nemesis, a dark companion star to the sun."

That's of course not true, it's Planet X before that and I suggest we should stick to Nibiru if it would be discovered. So many names for virtually the same thing.

Last edited by MikeB on 07-Apr-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle