Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  5 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 djnick:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 37 mins ago
 Hammer:  4 hrs 49 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 30 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  5 hrs 33 mins ago
 pixie:  5 hrs 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Hyperion Blog update....
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
PosterThread
broadblues 
Re: Hyperion Blog update....
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 0:53:41
#441 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@whose

Quote:

@broadblues:

Does Blender work with all its functionality on AmigaOS?

No.
Quote:

Do the missing functions magically appear, if the machine gets faster?

No. But the render speed increas, the GUI is as regards manipulating objects is very CPU bound so that improves.

Quote:

Or if Gallium3D appears?

Yes. Subject to a recompile against the new 3d library. The things that are missing are shader textures in the 3d display (provided by gallium) shader textures in the game engine. Manipluatio of certain things like sculpt mode and editing "hair" also need a GL update.

Quote:

I dont think so...

Manly becuase you don't think.

Quote:

Oh, and is it actually as fast as Cinema4D is (emulated), doing the same render job? Not? How come? Maybe too many functions you and I might never need, but nonetheless incorporated/executed?

The above image (scaled down by a factor of two contains a left hand image rendered in blender in 2 secs and right hand image rendered in C4D 8 secs, which one was faster and which one was better quality?

Quote:

Sketchblock doesnt need that much power, I would think. Actually, I used it on my 440ep and Im very satisfied with its power. Some filters might gain some value on a faster machine, but for its intended job it works very well and quite fast.

I'll have to ignore your comlement to my coding skills because of more of your stupidty. If you want to doodle on 640x480 pics then its fine, but if you want to do real work on 8000px wide images? Then it certainly needs as much CPU and memory as you can throw at it.

Quote:

Did you hear any of the Sketchblock users complain about the speed? I watched many threads about Sketchblock, but never spotted any post regarding a speed issue.

Without wanting to insult any of "my users" their expectations are insufficient, good is not good enough.

If you want to paint with a brush with a large bitmap or small "stamp" interval then it will lag. Lag is not acceptable when you are painting for real.

Last edited by broadblues on 02-Apr-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
broadblues 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 0:58:28
#442 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@pavlor

Quote:

Support for multiple cores will definitely help speed up Blender (with suitable Blender version of course). Blender rendering speed scales linearly with available cores.

Blender is multithreaded allready. Once SMP is working there should be no need for a recompile.

sundown 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 4:18:53
#443 ]
Elite Member

@Moxee

Quote:
I don't like multiple user accounts either. You never know for sure who you are exchanging words with.

Sure, we all like to know who's on the other end, in this case its Hyperion, a company, I see no problems with company reps handing out information. I get tired of ppl sitting on the sidelines bitching about every little thing these days.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to testing multi-core...

tommysammy 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 5:40:12
#444 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 9:10:21
#445 ]
Elite Member

@hyperionmp

Thank you for the update.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 11:41:19
#446 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

TrevorD

olegil 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 12:03:46
#447 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

I never said the answer didn't suit me, just that the anonymity annoys me.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

ddni 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 12:22:13
#448 ]
Cult Member

@olegil

You don't like anonymity?
What is your real name?

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 12:54:08
#449 ]

@ddni

Quote:

ddni wrote:
@olegil

You don't like anonymity?
What is your real name?

OlafS25 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 13:04:36
#450 ]
Elite Member

@ddni

I think you miss his point. This account is official so he wants to know if it is Ben Hermans, one of the Friedens or the secretary or whoever. I do not know why there is a problem to (at least) sign your postings.

ddni 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 13:43:43
#451 ]
Cult Member

@OlafS25

ahh I see now, apologies olegill.

wawa 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 13:58:36
#452 ]
Elite Member

@ddni

not that i have a big problem with it personally, but the issue is similar as with discreetfx account where whoever is posting under this account may claim that previous posts do not apply since it was "someone else".

Hyperionmp 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 14:02:37
#453 ]
Hyperion

@olegil

In this case it was Ben Hermans, Director Legal who wrote the e-mail.

However, Hyperion has several directors and nobody is irreplaceable or always available.

It is a "corporate" account for that simple reason.

It may even be that the directors are not available to post some information and ask that somebody of the AmigaOS development team posts the information using this account.

The key here is to remember that the information is "official" corporate information.

This policy was explicitly allowed by AW.net moderators.

number6 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 14:30:21
#454 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Quote:
It may even be that the directors are not available to post some information and ask that somebody of the AmigaOS development team posts the information using this account.

Not to be picky, but when the profile was changed last:

Quote:
It was stated many times before that multiple people at Hyperion management use this account to post news or to confirm/deny certain "facts" depending on the nature of the news etc.

A user advised this be put in the profile, which was then done.

source

Perhaps to follow the line of what you just posted
Quote:

should be replaced with something similar to "Hyperion Official Corporate Information", so as not to lead people to believe all posts come from either Ben or Timothy, as the link I supplied indicates.

Franko 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 14:30:38
#455 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:

Sure, we all like to know who's on the other end, in this case its Hyperion, a company, I see no problems with company reps handing out information. I get tired of ppl sitting on the sidelines bitching about every little thing these days.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to testing multi-core...

If you can't see the problem most people would have when they think they are talking to the organ grinder and it turns out to be just one of the monkeys then you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you...

Doesn't say much about small company like Hyperion when the owner/ boss can't be bothered to clarify to potential and existing customers whether it is him posting here or one of his staff (could be the tea lady for all anyone knows)...

He's not that busy a man not to take the time to do so. If he can take the time to spend on LinkedIn endorsing Trevor D for things then he could just as easily take the time here to clear up the confusion...

Maybe it's a case of keeping business colleagues/ partners happy and stuff the customers as they aint important after all, while that may not be a wise way of doing business for most people it doesn't help change that kind of attitude some business owners have when they get brown nosed "about every little thing" by "ppl" whom fawn over them no matter what poor quality of service that business provides "these days"...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my fully tested Amiga that does all I need on one lowly little core... (no dancing banana)

NOTE: Anyone thinking that "Franko" is using this account would be 100% correct, I don't allow me squirrels to use this account as I wouldn't want them posting sensible things with it and people confusing those thing with my own nonsense...

Franko 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 14:42:58
#456 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Quote:

Hyperionmp wrote:
@olegil

However, Hyperion has several directors and nobody is irreplaceable or always available.

It is a "corporate" account for that simple reason.

The key here is to remember that the information is "official" corporate information.

This policy was explicitly allowed by AW.net moderators.

Oooh... seeing as how that was posted as I was typing my other post then I suppose it partially addresses the point I was making in that post but...

Corporate account or not (didn't even know such a thing was allowed on this site) it would be very simple for whomever posts something using this "corporate account" to put their name and job title/ position at the end of a post when they make it...

Being a business you should realise that doing so would make perfect sense and help prevent all the confusion it causes with most folk being led to believe that anything being posted with that account is in fact Mr Hermans himself speaking...

I mean whom exactly just wrote that post... one of the directors... a developer... the tea lady ???

A simple name and/ or job title at the end of such "corporate account" post would prevent a hell of a lot of confusion and assumptions being made...

wawa 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 14:56:44
#457 ]
Elite Member

@Hyperionmp

Quote:

what e-mail? and who are you? its really a little difficult to keep track of it, for instance if you answer to a post you are usually assuming the peron you direct your post at keeps in mind the context of previous discussion. istead if in turn someone new enters under the same "nick", likely not aware of the full context, it easily leads to confusion and misunderstandings.

Quote:

pardon me, but it really reminds a little of dfx statements.

Quote:

therefore for credibility reasons it would be better the posts were signed personally. this way on would avoid being hold responsible fo what someone else might post. thats just my pov, not a demand of any sort..

number6 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 14:58:03
#458 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
Corporate account or not (didn't even know such a thing was allowed on this site) it would be very simple for whomever posts something using this "corporate account" to put their name and job title/ position at the end of a post when they make it

It's not unique. Troika had 5 people posting. They used a corporate account for general information. The engineer posted technical info under his own nick, as did the 2nd engineer, the hopeful distributor, the somewhat silent partner, etc. Some posts were signed, some not.

wawa 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 15:41:32
#459 ]
Elite Member

@number6

another not very encouraging comparison..

number6 
Posted on 2-Apr-2013 15:49:21
#460 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Quote:
another not very encouraging comparison

?

I'm just giving an example of another corporate account. If you don't like that example try another. Has Chris ever posted for with the Amigakit account? If so, that would be another example.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle