Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 60 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  7 mins ago
 Rob:  29 mins ago
 Lou:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 t0lkien:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 roar:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 billt:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  4 hrs 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  OS4 update 1 benchmark Quake 3
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
bernd_afa 
Re: OS4 update 1 benchmark Quake 3
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 18:42:39
#101 ]
Cult Member

@ChrisH

>personally consider AfaOS to be quite misguided:

>It would be like Commodore releasing OS2.0, and someone declaring that they >don't think it's "Amiga", so they decide to patch OS1.3.2 & replace some >components. Wanna split Amiga development efforts, and see AmigaOS die? >That's the way to do it!

thats complete diffrent, situation.Because the developers that do 3.0 was the same and they look qualified.It can see what they do in short time cant do alone.But on MOS and special OS4 all go soooo sloooooooow.

The OS3.0 devs do no memory system that cant show free mem correct, or they do not add own memory handler to a closed source Unix Lib, so memtracker cant work when use malloc or free.

they do not change the OS CPu so that suddenly most usefull developer tools dont work and there come no new devloper tools to make coding easy.

But all these developers leave AOS.And the developers that come later to AOS do not show in any way, that they can do great things, many want buy.

I have wait long time.i begin only in Year October 2005 with AFA.

And when MOS or OS4 attract 10000 or more users i am sure its good enough and i never begin with AFA.

I have not the time to search for Program Bugs longer because MOS/OS4 have no graphical native debugger and other usefull develop tools as library timer, snooplibs.

and when i see on OS4 announces how much time it need to bring a platform independent program from compile and first screenshot to run stable, then i think really it cost unnecessary much time to get a program stable running.

I see on 68k, when a program can compile well, then its only a work of 10-20 hours to get that stable running.

Of course it help a lot to find Bugs, when you know the asm language of the System well and it is a CISC CPU with shorter Code.

On MOS or OS4 nobody enhance the closed sourece Unix libs, that it is more easy to get this platform independent programs running.

Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Leo 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 18:49:19
#102 ]

Quote:

thats complete diffrent, situation.Because the developers that do 3.0 was the same and they look qualified.

I doubt they were the same since most of the original team (Sassenrath, RJ Mical,... who created most important components: Intuition, Exec) had left the team since then.

That doesn't mean the new ones weren't qualified though... It's just that you're argument is void.

bernd_afa 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 18:53:37
#103 ]
Cult Member

@Leo

>That doesn't mean the new ones weren't qualified though... It's just that you're >argument is void.

I did not notice that for OS3.0 or 3.1 release many OS1.2 or OS1.3 or OS2 devs leave commodore.

Have you links to bring me on reality ?

Last edited by bernd_afa on 14-Apr-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Leo 
Posted on 14-Apr-2010 20:28:44
#104 ]

Quote:

Have you links to bring me on reality ?

Quote:
From wikipedia
After the release of the Amiga in 1985, Sassenrath left Commodore-Amiga to pursue new programming language design ideas that he had been contemplating since his university days.

RJ Mical left Commodore in 1987.

Want more ?

And it's not like they left the team in 1993...

Last edited by Leo on 14-Apr-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Last edited by Leo on 14-Apr-2010 at 08:29 PM.

bernd_afa 
Posted on 15-Apr-2010 8:54:30
#105 ]
Cult Member

@Leo
>After the release of the Amiga in 1985, Sassenrath left Commodore-Amiga to >pursue new programming language design ideas that he had been contemplating >since his university days.

ok, this show that some left 1985 1987.
But OS2.0 or OS3.1 is release and develop much later und the diffrence between OS1.3 and OS2.0 and later O3.0 is really great.

When OS2.0 Os3.0 is relaease?.Have this two guys develop it ?

You should not forget that in the Days of Os3.1 the AOS was state of the Art.Also OS2.0 with his new GUI look was state of the art.

so it seem then, Sassenrath RJ Mical was not need to bring AOS Systems to glory and many sells.

I dont understand wy there are some guys want force other guys to OS4.there is no state of the Art AOS here, all have less or more some advantages and some disadvanatages.

So its not nice to force users with the words ey you should buy the offical AOS so amiga can survive.

Amiga can never survive and get greater when it is buy as solidarity and not by quality.

I like the AOS with the most features a user need should, be use, and not depend on some better future announces, or Trademarks.

In reality can see that tradmearks as Commodore or amiga get no success, when the price is higher and quality is lower as other products.under success i understand at least 4000 Sells /year

A name maybe help on annonce and make public, but when the quality is not good then User sell this sooner or later.

Last edited by bernd_afa on 15-Apr-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 15-Apr-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 15-Apr-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 15-Apr-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Last edited by bernd_afa on 15-Apr-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle