Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 39 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  14 mins ago
 OlafS25:  32 mins ago
 amigakit:  33 mins ago
 pixie:  54 mins ago
 lijk352099:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 39 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 46 mins ago
 Matt3k:  7 hrs 11 mins ago
 agami:  7 hrs 53 mins ago
 Lou:  9 hrs 23 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  New OS4 portal
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Derfs 
Re: New OS4 portal
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 0:57:31
#101 ]
Cult Member

@Colin_Camper

Quote:

Colin_Camper wrote:
@Thread
*snip*

It is still disturbing, never the less, to see people behave in such polarised and bigoted ways.

*snip again*

Still, it's a lot better here to have news about MOS or AROS without 4 polls and threads starting up immediately about how AW.Net is being poluted by non Arian ** sorry, non Amigan ** news, topics and reports.

if that isnt *polarised and bigoted* i dont know what is.

Profile     Report this post  
Derfs 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 1:01:08
#102 ]
Cult Member

@elatour

if you are a os4 supporter, then why not join up and see how it can help you. its not an exclusive thing you know - as in if you dont sign up you are the evil! you can be looking at more than one amiga website and get something from one you dont from another.

how can it not be good news for os4 supporters.. its another website to talk about it!

Derfs 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 1:08:27
#103 ]
Cult Member

@takemehomegrandma

posting your opinion as fact? or maybe its because the other websites are respected enough so that no underhand overtaking of forums was needed or wanted?

if you like a forum, then tell your mates privately (msg/txt/priv chat/whatever) as you want to share it. whats so wrong about that?

news items are upto each website to post, as they have to approve them, so ask the website in question why it allowed the newsitem to be published if it was so bad.

Derfs 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 1:10:07
#104 ]
Cult Member

@umisef

and talking like that could be taken as paranoia. even courts give defendants benefit of the doubt. innocent until proven guilty and all that.

CodeSmith 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 4:46:54
#105 ]
Elite Member

Doh. Looks like some enterprising "pro-choice" person has squatted on the .com and .org variants of the domain. Real mature, guys...

elatour 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 6:08:11
#106 ]
Cult Member

@Derfs

I have nothing against the site, but like I explained in an earlier post in this thread, I only have enough time to devote to one site (e.g. participate in forums, etc.) and AW.NET suits my stated needs just fine. I may occasionally check out the news items or glance at the main topics of discussion, like I do with Amiga.org and Ann.lu, but I will not participate in the forums - I just don't have the time, am not a Yes man or a lemming, nor do I have the inclination for getting abuse for my "liberal" views regarding other Amiga-like OSes and other hardware. I would innevitably end up getting into trouble as per the stated TOS on Amigans.net due to these "liberal" views, so I would feel like I was constantly being constrained by a strait jacket any time I posted or replied to anything there. I have enough norms to follow at work. I don't need yet more norms to follow during my personal time, not to mention stricter ones, in what I consider to be a pass time or hobby.

Thanks for the invite...but no thanks.

Last edited by elatour on 08-Dec-2006 at 06:10 AM.

Derfs 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 6:16:09
#107 ]
Cult Member

@CodeSmith

Quote:

CodeSmith wrote:
Doh. Looks like some enterprising "pro-choice" person has squatted on the .com and .org variants of the domain. Real mature, guys...

whats really bad is it paints the pegasos.org people in a really bad light. would be interesting if the person that did this owned up and explained their reasons, but i doubt they would ever do that.

Yo 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 8:18:07
#108 ]
Team Member

@Derfs

Quote:
would be interesting if the person that did this owned up and explained their reasons, but i doubt they would ever do that.

Hurry, hurry! Read all about it!!!

(No, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

Derfs 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 14:10:23
#109 ]
Cult Member

@Yo

so.. he hasnt owned up and/or explained why he did it. so what has changed since my post?

jkirk 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 14:16:03
#110 ]
Elite Member

@Derfs

does it really matter? life goes on despite what others try.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Derfs 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 14:20:10
#111 ]
Cult Member

@elatour

Quote:

elatour wrote:
@Derfs

I have nothing against the site, but like I explained in an earlier post in this thread, I only have enough time to devote to one site (e.g. participate in forums, etc.) and AW.NET suits my stated needs just fine. I may occasionally check out the news items or glance at the main topics of discussion, like I do with Amiga.org and Ann.lu, but I will not participate in the forums - I just don't have the time

all really good reasons for not wanting to use other websites to chat about amiga stuff.

Quote:
, am not a Yes man or a lemming,

it was going so well, why use language like this that is only going to inflame opinions? once again people will call out to get thicker skins instead of seeing that somethings are just not polite, and are a bit rude.

Quote:
nor do I have the inclination for getting abuse for my "liberal" views regarding other Amiga-like OSes and other hardware.

abuse? again point out where these abuses are going on, otherwise you are just assuming things based on bias.

Quote:
I would innevitably end up getting into trouble as per the stated TOS on Amigans.net due to these "liberal" views, so I would feel like I was constantly being constrained by a strait jacket any time I posted or replied to anything there. I have enough norms to follow at work. I don't need yet more norms to follow during my personal time, not to mention stricter ones, in what I consider to be a pass time or hobby.

i feel posting about anything to do with amiga classic / emulation / os4 isnt that restrictive for a amiga based website. obviously if i start getting abusive or making inflamatory remarks i expect to get constrained by a straight jacket, and if you feel that is too much for your every day life then thats up to you. basically, be civil and no moderation is ever needed.

Quote:
Thanks for the invite...but no thanks.

well, the invite was there, and im sure will always be there.

elatour 
Posted on 8-Dec-2006 17:46:04
#112 ]
Cult Member

@Derfs

I'm sorry, but based on the negative comments made here by some of Amigans.net "defenders" about AW.NET and the Amigans.net TOS, it's clear that they don't want any talk about other Amiga platforms or alternative hardware other than the ones put forth by Hyperion and Amiga Inc. and that they don't want any negative comments or any form of criticism of these parties whether warranted or not. That's fine for some, but too limitting for me. To me, that's asking one to tow the party line, not rock the boat and follow along with what these companies say with rosy thoughts and with no skepticism or criticism whatsoever...or basically, forcing someone like myself - one with "liberal" views on the Amiga accoridng to some of the Amigans.net clan, whatever that is - to either become a "Yes man" and a lemming or feel like I had a straight jacket on whenever I posted or replied to something. I don't ever want to feel like my bringing up something that I find to be related to a discussion but which refers to other Amiga-ish platforms to be seen as grounds for moderation, censorship, or an ourtight ban, which the TOS and comments made elsewhere have aluded to. I'm sure, that even without the above, I would more than likely suffer some abuse, ridicule, or hostility at the hands of some of your more militant members that might feel you weren't being strict enough with me for bringing up some of these things.

Bottom line, it this is how the Amigans.net TOS would make ME feel. That's not something that should either be insulting to you or others. I have no doubt that many others will be happy there and won't feel like a lemming or a "yes man". That's great, but I want to talk about a wider range fo things that I find Amiga related.

Quote:
basically, be civil and no moderation is ever needed.

Not according to the TOS its not. I'm always civil. Let's just see how long it will take for someone to bring up something related to another Amiga-ish platform or lunge some criticism at the above two companies...all civil...before they get moderated, censored, turned off the site altogether or just banned.

Bottom line is...Thanks, but no thanks!

Last edited by elatour on 08-Dec-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Last edited by elatour on 08-Dec-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle